HW50ES - 3D How To?

SnAzBaZ

Standard Member
Hello,

I have just got the VPL-HW50ES. Tonight I tried to get 3D working but running into some problems. I have the projector connect to a TX-NR515, the 3D source is a Sky HD box. I turn 3D mode on, set it to "Side By Side", tune to Sky 3D and I get a blurry image.

Turn on the 3D glasses and the LED just blinks. Putting them on, the picture is still blurd and not 3D... I am guessing the glasses are not syncing with the projector?

Do I need to run through some manual sync process first? I made sure they were charged up?

I have read about some issues with the sync transmitter not always working, at the moment I have mine mounted directly behind the seating area, just slightly higher, so I would guess it was in range?

Is the LED on the glasses supposed to be solid green when it's working?

Thanks for any advice!

Rickyj at Kalibrate

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello,

I have just got the VPL-HW50ES. Tonight I tried to get 3D working but running into some problems. I have the projector connect to a TX-NR515, the 3D source is a Sky HD box. I turn 3D mode on, set it to "Side By Side", tune to Sky 3D and I get a blurry image.

Turn on the 3D glasses and the LED just blinks. Putting them on, the picture is still blurd and not 3D... I am guessing the glasses are not syncing with the projector?

Do I need to run through some manual sync process first? I made sure they were charged up?

I have read about some issues with the sync transmitter not always working, at the moment I have mine mounted directly behind the seating area, just slightly higher, so I would guess it was in range?

Is the LED on the glasses supposed to be solid green when it's working?

Thanks for any advice!

I would check the internal emitter is definately working. Do this by looking at the emitter, it should be glowing red when activated (you might need to use a digital camera to see that it is on by looking through the camera). It does sound like it is a sync issue. If you are using the Sony glasses there is nothing special required to sync them, so if the emitter is working trying syncing them around the room, i.e. make sure they are on, and walk around the room.Have you got anything plugged into the Ethernet port. This port is for the external emitter, and thus if you have something plugged into it, it could possibly be getting confused.

I hope that helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom