Huxley

Ico.

I couldn't find a thread for this so I've started one!

Here is a new vid about the orchestral score used in Huxley, sounds impressive and by the same composer as Gears! Got to be a good thing.:thumbsup:

Linky.

Ico.

What's the game about Ico? Never actually heard of it!

It's for 360 and PC and a to quote.
Huxley is a massively multiplayer first-person shooter set in a post-apocalyptic world where humans and mutants are at war.

Ico.

Best date I can find is TBA.:D

It's been in development for a while and this latest release of a vid says to me they are starting the whole pre-release hype wagon moving. I would imagine sometime next year.

Jackkk

Ye i think this game just seams to be getting pushed back year after year i think that people expected it late 2007 now their hoping to see some vids and gameplay by then and actually realeased 2008 :eek:

I dont think its one to get excited bout yet seeing as its goin to be so far away but in theory defiantly sounds exciting.

P.S from what ive heard bout the game its a MMOFPS as previously said where you take the role of either a human or a mutant basically during a post apocalitic war and thats bout all weve got sadly :thumbsdow

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I got to play the PC version at E3 last year. It was quite impressive and showed a lot of promise. It's being developed by a Korean company called Webzen.

Batch

Huxley Closed Beta:http://www.huxleygame.com/forum/huxley-news/2228-webzen-announces-first-closed-beta-test-huxley.html

Global online entertainment company WEBZEN Inc. (WEBZEN - Global Digital Entertainment Leader) announced today the dates of the much-anticipated first closed beta test for Huxley¢â, the next-generation MMOFPS. The closed beta test will start on September 13.

One of the year¡¯s most anticipated titles, Huxley is the cutting-edge, next-generation MMOFPS, fusing traditional FPS with the quest and character growth system of the MMORPG. Being developed as a truly global game title for Webzen, Huxley has already been creating a sensation in the markets in Europe and North America with rave reviews and a $35 million deal with a Chinese publisher.

After 999 lucky beta testers are selected from the official Huxley website beginning on August 28, the closed beta test will take place from September 13 for five days. For the first time ever, testers will get a chance to experience the city where the characters live and breath. They will also be treated to a variety of play modes such as team death match and radar domination, as well as the core systems, including the quest, not seen before in standard FPS games.

¡°With Huxley¡¯s many innovative elements, gamers are in for a totally different experience,¡± said Nam-Ju Kim, chief executive officer of Webzen, Inc. ¡°Huxley is sure to challenge the existing genres with a new look and feel in multiple platforms. We¡¯re extremely confident that this title will set a new standard in MMOFPS.¡±

Meanwhile, Webzen has been conducting various testing and external network tests with a focus group since June to better gauge gamer preferences and evaluate the game¡¯s stability. The first closed beta test is a part of a planned series of user tests.

The Beta appears to be Korean Players only :(, but if the COD4 beta is anything to go by, we may still have a chance.

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member
Gone very quiet about this MMOFPS.

Some videos here: Looking quite good. Been following it's progress for ages now. It's taking an age to come out, so hopefully it will be good.

http://www.huxleygame.co.uk/huxley_movies

Batch

I've been waiting for this since launch, still nowhere close :(

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member

kidgloves

Novice Member
This is one game i am prepared to wait for because it combines my 2 favourite genres FPS and RPG. Will be superb if they get it right.

Andy58

This is one game i am prepared to wait for because it combines my 2 favourite genres FPS and RPG. Will be superb if they get it right.

Agree with you but I worry a bit when a game is in development for so damn long as thats not always a good sign.

Ico.

Huxley 360 on hold pending PC sales

Now that Darkfall Online is actually out (albeit still somewhat elusive), the mantle of world's most delayed MMO must pass to the Korean massively multiplayer FPS, Huxley.

According to IGN, Huxley is still on course for a Korean and US release this year, but the Xbox 360 version that was intended to follow it by about 6 months is "up in the air".

Publisher NHN says it only picked up the North American rights to the PC version, although it's "possible" that a console version will follow if it sells well.

It's a familiar tale when it comes to planned console MMOs; it was recently revealed that Champions Online would launch on PC only, and we're still waiting for the 360 version of Age of Conan that is apparently still in development.

As for a European release, your guess is as good as ours - but the fact that Eurogamer had no idea that the game was being demoed at GDC doesn't exactly bode well.

LInk

tomelli

Saw a video of Huxley running in Currys. Visually it looked fantastic and reminded me of Gears.
Lets hope the gameplay lives up to the visuals.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom