Hustle (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
A pretty decent film by Netflix standards?

A very decent film by Adam Sandler standards?

I’m I in Stranger Things’ Upside Down??!!

Quite enjoyed this, not that over the top or bottom.....
You need a film sometimes where no one is killed or flies through the sky :)

8/10

I am still laughing at "Cruz-ify"

Uncut Gems still remains Adam Sandler's pinnacle!

Quite enjoyed this, not that over the top or bottom.....
You need a film sometimes where no one is killed or flies through the sky :)

8/10

I am still laughing at "Cruz-ify"

Uncut Gems still remains Adam Sandler's pinnacle!

I can't wait. Sandler's good when he's not Hubie, however rare that is.

Uncut Gems is great, but nothing trumps Punch Drunk Love for me, Uncut Gems for some reason reminded people of something Sandler actually showed very early into his career.

Thanks for the review - love a good sports movie. Sunday family movie night for this one if its kid friendly?

I can't wait. Sandler's good when he's not Hubie, however rare that is.

Uncut Gems is great, but nothing trumps Punch Drunk Love for me, Uncut Gems for some reason reminded people of something Sandler actually showed very early into his career.
You'll be surprised how many folks have not watched Punch Drunk Love or never heard of it.....
Funny enough was talking about that movie with someone, I said Please watch it, you will not be disappointed

Thanks for the review - love a good sports movie. Sunday family movie night for this one if its kid friendly?
You're very welcome. Aside from some fruity sports banter ("your mother....." type stuff), I'd happily show this to my eleven year old.......if she liked sports........or movies........or something other than her bloody phone.......

Last edited:
Perfect thanks - Sunday movie it is then !!

Just need my new screen to arrive asap .... missing my projector ! :(

Thanks for the great review, agree with the rating.

As a massive NBA fan this was brilliant. Lot of current and former NBA players in this and they surprised me with their acting, especially Ant.

Only seen Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems and this in recent years so in my eyes he’s one of the finest actors in the world right now 😂

Don’t forget Reign Over Me and Spanglish (maybe Funny People). Good films with really good Sandler performances. It’s a shame he often phones it in with his brand of ‘comedic’ schtick when he’s capable of a lot more.

Hoosier is one of my fave sports movies so will give this a whirl.

Getting great reviews this. Will check it out at some point.

Don't think I'd have watched this if it wasn't for your review Mark. Agree on most points, but this was an easy 8/10 for me (maybe even higher when I've slept on it). Choc full of heart, I had a really great time with it. One of this year's best films.

"you're mother....." type stuff
He was having a chat with their mothers?
I was about to comment that Sandler should retire, but maybe he has a few more good ones in him.

A definite 8/10 for me (I love 🏀). Thanks for the heads up review. Nicely filled a Sat afternoon whilst the family were out at IKEA.

Last edited:
We just watched this and both really enjoyed it. Don’t necessarily need to be a basketball fan but it probably enhances it slightly if you are.

Enjoyable performance from Sandler.

7.5/10

Watched this tonight and really enjoyed it....solid 7 or 8 / 10. Training montage, a boo hiss villain and a feel good factor to it. Cliched but so what and why not? Sandler was very good as were all the "real" players

Solid 7/10. Nothing outstanding, and pretty formulaic - but Sandler was quite enjoyable in the lead role - and it went along at a decent pace.

Just finished watching and thought it was really pretty decent.

Borderline great considering it was a Netflix flick. Quite a rare thing.

I hate Basketball too but don’t let that put you off. Easy 7/10

Me and my son watched it just now. A good Netflix movie. Sandler is good in a restrained role where isn't doing his usual schtick. Inoffensive and sometimes heart warming.

6.5/10

Very enjoyable sports film, Sandler really is very good as a straight actor*.

the vast amount of NBA players and coaches were lost on me as I don't watch it, I may have recognised more if it were set back in the 80s and 90s.

Solid 7 from me.

* happy to watch him comedies too, inoffensive and just fun for the most part.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom