1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hush ATX - anyone know when it's released?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Planet__, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Planet__

Planet__

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I recently connected my normal pc to my system to run games and to play audio from it, but the problem is it's too damn noisey! That would be the 6 fans inside it! It's okay for games as you forget the noise when fragging, but during audio it does me head in! And as for leaving it running while watching a movie, no chance!

I've been waiting ages for the Hush ATX to come out, as the current Hush ITX isn't powerful enough for my needs. Have a look here:

http://www.hushtechnologies.com/default.asp?pageID=11&Lang=ENG

It's the best pc case I've seen, and silent too. Unfortunately the company that make it is just as silent - I've not had any responses to my emails to them.

Anyone got any info or know of a simillar case design that could be used? Ideally it shouldn't be the size of a house!

2. phcjpp

phcjpp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can order online from the hush website - in euros

3. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    So you can. Not easy to find though - here's a link to the online shop

Anyone know if those Teac DVD drives are multi-region out of the box, and/or flashable ? And do you even need that if you're using AnyDVD ?

I really like the look of these Hush ATX jobbies, but I'm holding off waiting for some reports on noise before jumping in.

I wonder it they're actually shipping 'em ?

Cheers, Carl.

4. phcjpp

phcjpp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the idea with hush is there are 0 fans in the system -> just hard drive and those are barracudas which are almost silent -> this is gonna be one quiet box. only problem is that its not cheap.

Chris

5. Planet__

Planet__

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    That's typical! I swear that link on their website wasn't there when I posted this thread! Aw well...

Thanks for the heads up guys, I would have been waiting for the newsletter from mini-itx to inform me, which still hasn't arrived.

You're right about them being quiet, and not cheap. The fact that they constrain what you can fit in it is putting me off a little.
    Take the Radeon 9800SE AIW card - how does that compare to the 9700Pro I have now (excluding the AIW bit)? I've looked on ATI's website but no details of it, and Hush don't say the manufacturer of the video card so can't compare that way.

The Audigy 2 ZS card (Creative) looks good, THX, 7.1 and DVDA capable.

I'll send an(other) email off to them, this time the sales dept and see if they can answer my questions.

6. Planet__

Planet__

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10