hurry quick response needed: is the panasonic th50px60cabb any good

J

jim4571@hotmail

hey everyone, im about to get this TV in about 2 hours, iv researched it for ages, and its sounds like its a rock solid buy, i got it for £2400, with the Panasonic DMR EX85,all the hdmi cables and top of the range scart cables, and i got 2 years cover with currys, that whatever happens plan.
i know i could get it more or less the same price at empire direct, but the cover what they surposed to do is not very good.apparently they only cover you against, manufacture problems not acciental, where as the currys cover plan does,the guy said to me: "spill a pint down the back, and werl give you a new one,if they cant fix it after 21 days then they HAVE to give me a brand new one,and if that ends up being 3 years down the line, and thet havent got any of them in stock,they automatically give me another television equivalant to how much i payed for this one.
So does it sound like a good deal,please reply ASAP.

Was abit ****** off with the difference between the th50px60 and the th50px600, that little black fascia on the front of the 600 makes it look alot better, not to bothered about the SD card slot because i have that on the ex85.All input is appreciated

Yup great telly from what I've read on here and apparently doesnt suffer with the colour problems some of the 42" ones have been having trouble with.

I didnt think Currys did cover accidental insurance, but I'm probably wrong. Just have a good look at the documentation I guess.

thanks for the reply andy, i think i just made my decision,......the anticipation!

Check your home contents insurance. It might cover accidental damage. If this is the case, won't the manufacturer's warranty be good enough?
Also consider looking at some of our sponsors for prices since whenever I have been into Currys, the prices have been extortionate. £10 for a telephone splitter type thing, for example.
For refrerence, looking at the prices on Pricegrabber...
http://avforums.pgpartner.co.uk/sea...rid=24833089/search=panasonic+th+50+px+60+cab
http://avforums.pgpartner.co.uk/search_getprod.php?masterid=21195992&search=Panasonic+DMR+EX85
the cheapest prices delivered come to £2328 leaving you with £72 for the single HDMI lead you will need to connect the two together.
Whichever way you go.

Oh and don't rush into it.

Oh and don't rush into it.

This is very good advice, because the price of plasmas is only doing one thing, and that is falling.

There is no need to rush into a purchase just because it sounds like a good deal, because in a couple of months it won't seem so good.

Must confess, that sounds like an awful lot - I'm hopefully about to get the pedestal stand version of the TH50PX60 for £1576 from John Lewis on price match with Sound & Vision - waiting to find out their response.

thanks for the reply guys.anyway heres my deal what i got.i am very happy.

Panasonic TH50PX60 WITH CABB: Currys price-£3,199.00

PANASONIC DMR EX85 DVD RECORDER: Currys price-£449.99

Panasonic DMRES15 DVD RECORDER (i didnt want this, but it was in with the deal): Currys price-£175

BELKIN HDMI CABLES (the top of the range ones):Currys price -£59.99

BELKIN SCART CABLES (the top of the range ones):Currys price- £35.99

CURRYS PRICE PLAN FOR 2 YEARS FREE( covers everything, even if i chose to pour a pint down the back) Currys price: First year free, and the 2nd year worth £120

Now if my maths is any good it works out to £4039.97

I know other places sell it all cheaper, but the point im making is the fact that somehow i got them down to this price...

I payed £2350.

Must confess, that sounds like an awful lot - I'm hopefully about to get the pedestal stand version of the TH50PX60 for £1576 from John Lewis on price match with Sound & Vision - waiting to find out their response.
could you let me know how you get on

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom