Hurrah! - Projector arrives - Web site lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryingtimes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well the time has come.
Roland is due tomorrow and me being me I wanted to have a bit of fun with my cinema.

I've hastily (about 5 hours!) put up a website with a few bits and pieces on it.
Don't worry - it will grow!

Hopefully I'll be publishing install photos during tomorrow (yes I know you've seen it all before :D ) in the section provided.

I'm hopefully going to develop the site into more than just text lists.
Ideas so far include downloads of Talisman GUIs, Film intro movies, etc.
I'm hoping to have a section for locals that allows voting of what films they would like to see.

Robo (the logo) will probably change and eventually be part of some 3D movies but of course all this takes time - and a baby's on it's way!)

Anyway - here's the link - Enjoy

SEVENFOOTFILM

For anyone interested in how good it might one day look see my other recent creation - Fi Direct

Regards
Alex

OK - it looks like the domain name servers were taking a bit longer to become visable than I'd thought.

I'm getting some reports of people being able to see it and some get nothing.

It seems to be appearing to more people as time goes on so take a punt and report back

Cheers

PS Roland is here and has now put up the screen and the projector bracket. So far so good!

Alex, when you're done we can trade war stories on TheaterTek. Make sure you get a picture of Rolands Belly hanging from the Bracket!

Jenz.

Right - I have now put up a few photos on SEVENFOOTFILM
We have now got the projector and screen up and we are just about to connect the HCPC so Roland can calibrate it.

Enjoy!
Alex

I'll just keep replying to my own thread shall I:(

It is now 11:30 and I'm off to bed - there are a few more photos up on SEVENFOOTFILM including screenshots

Hope someone's interested:rolleyes:

I've got a lot of rewiring to do tomorrow :(

Night
Alex

Alex,

Looking good & welcome to the Barco owners club :D
Hope it gives you as much pleasure, as mine does.(whoops i'll rephrase that) nah....you know what i mean.

BTW what camera are you using??

Cheers

Tim

I second that, welcome to the clum. You did well to get to bed for 11:30! I think I was up until 5:30am The following morning, although Roland did fit it on a Friday so I could.

Decided to watch DAS Boot, it's a long film!!!!

Now, if you need an application form for Tweakers Anonymous I believe most peopole on this forum can get hold of them!!!!

All the best

Nick

Originally posted by Jenz
Alex, when you're done we can trade war stories on TheaterTek. Make sure you get a picture of Rolands Belly hanging from the Bracket!

Jenz.

Hmmm

Just finished my third mince pie this morning.

Alex, don't worry!.
We were all keeping an eye on your install throughout the day.:)

I was the one who interrupted Roly with a quick question about memory blocks!.

I have read the manual, but i just don't get it. I normally pick things up quickly but not this one!.

I think i need a "Idiots guide to Barco memory blocks"!.

I mean there are 1-99 memory stores, but everyone says there are 32 blocks?. So does that mean there are 99 mems for every block?. I mean there is only five possible inputs on the PJ ie s/video(x2)-composite-RGBHV-9 pin"D" etc.
On the remote number:-
1 is say composite
2 is say svideo
3 and 93 are for 9 pin "D" input.
4 and 94 are for RGBHV 4.3 on my PJ
5 and 95 are for RGBHV 16.9 on my PJ.

So does that mean i can have say "3" for 4.3, and "93" for 16.9?.

Also if i want can i run the PJ with:-

800x600@60hz
800x600@72hz
800x600@75hz

1024x768@60hz
1024x768@72hz
1024x768@75hz

1280x720@72hz
1280x720@75hz

Via the number "3" 9 pin "D" HTPC input?

But i need a totally breakdown of how to achieve this etc.

I just need to understand the the structure of the memory etc.

I've noticed if a game selects a resolution or refresh rate the PJ doesn't know, the screen just goes blank. Yet if i select a new resolution or refresh rate. The projector seems to cope, requiring just a quick geometry adjusment etc!.

I must admit i'm enjoying this challenge!, as each day i learn something new about the machine. And that each day i seem to be getting more and more picture quality!.:D

I am keeping mine as simple as posible! A bit like myself really. I've sussed how to copy memory blocks and that's about it. I did keep copying one to a bad block and then it reverted back, then I remembered Roland said you had to adjust contrast of Brightnes for it to create the new one(i.e. the copy).

Apart from that, I treaked a couple of settings on WINDVD. Both colour sliders up a single notch from default and it just warms up the picture slightly, without losing the colour balance or the film like quality.

One thing I have noticed, and I may start a new thread in the HTPC forum, is on some films I get a funy effect, in dark scenes the blacks look great, then they go all blocky and artefacted for a split second, then normal. This repeats as kind of a dull flashing.
It's only certain films so it may eb a disk issue. Last night I noticed it on Batman R2 and I've also noticed it on Star Trek First Contact R2. I might try the ATI player see if it's a problem with WinDVD.

Watched Austin Powers The spy Who Shagged Me last night. It looks fantastic. Worth a try on any projector and a definite demo disk, so many vibrant colours and a pin sharp transfer.

Nick

Yes, Fulabeer I thought that the memory block thing would be straightforward but what I'd found and your post does seem to throw things off what I had expected.
I haven't got round to downloading the manual yet (I've still to rewire the rest of the kit so that I can have sound!)

Hopefully today I will have a good play.

I had a few problems with my pc yesterday and it took me a couple of hours just to get it back to a stable position.

I still can't get consistent slow pans though even though I've hit the 71.928 vertical :(

I'm hoping the TheatreTek player will sort me out (I'm using PowerDVD XP 4 at the moment)

I think I'll be starting a fair few threads over the next fer days!

Cheers
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom