1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurrah for Barclaycard Price Promise

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by WilliamR, Oct 21, 2004.

1. WilliamR

WilliamR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought my TH42PWD6 and DMR-E55 two months ago (from Krish AV in Chiswick as they're local) then just under 60 days later sent a claim off to Barclaycard for the amount the price has dropped. Three days later, got a letter confirming my claim has been successful and my Barclaycard has been credited with £275.

Very, very chuffed and would heartily recommend anyone to buy now with Barclaycard rather than waiting to see if the price will drop, because if it does you win and if it doesn't you've still got the kit sooner than you would have done.

2. Johnnypanic

Johnnypanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yes, Barclaycard price promise is a great thing.

Recently ordered my plasma from av-sales, used the Nationwide card to take avail of the extra year's warranty. Was really tempted to use the Barclaycard because of the price promise, but I think I've got a good deal and only time will tell if I've made the right decision.

Just waiting to get word back from av-sales regarding delivery and then I'll be drilling holes in the wall :)

Johnnypanic

3. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi,

The price promise is good, but a lot of people do not know that they also offer 2 years extended warranty on top of that supplied with the equipment (used to be 1 year extended warranty until a couple of months ago) :thumbsup:

So if you can not get that elusive price match from JL - Get yourself a barclarcard for the next best deal (plus they will price match with the internet)

For another thread mentioning Barclaycard, and not giving price match if the company already has it's own pricematch (i.e. JL), just make sure you are matching on an internet price (which JL won't :D )

Hope that is of help for people

Lawrenso

PS They have dropped the xx number of days free insurance though :thumbsdow however you usually have cover from your home contents

4. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,156
    I think you'll find that projectors/plasmas are excluded from the extended warranty with Barclaycard...

5. moku

moku
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I can also confirm that projectors/plasmas are excluded from Barclaycard's extended warranty. I got a confirmation in writing from barclaycard confirming this.

With projectors/plasmas the only sweetner one gets using barclaycard is the price promise.

6. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Damn, that has scuppered my plans :mad:

If you read their TOC's it says maximum claim in 12 months is £5000, perhaps 2 years ago, when plasma's cost more than this, I would of understood it but now !!!! when you can buy a plasma for less than some 32" CRT's.

Anybody know of another credit card that gives extended warranty that includes Plasmas - if not - might go for DLP RP telly that cost's more than the plasmas that I was considering -just to FTU :smashin:

Cheers

Lawrenso

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    So are XBOX's...... and all IT computer stuff...... PS2 are cover tho??? Daft i know.....

8. Johnnypanic

Johnnypanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16

Nationwide credit card extended warranty covers plasma.

Johnnypanic

9. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    JohnyPannic,

does nationwide give pricematch as well??

I would use JL and pricematch with barclaycard against the internet, but they don't do one of the plasma's that I am interested in

with regards to Barclaycard, isn't it supprising (not) that they don't cover the equipment that goes wrong :mad:

Lawrenso

10. Johnnypanic

Johnnypanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    No pricematch with Nationwide I'm afraid :(

Johnnypanic

11. icehockeyboy

icehockeyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure that it applies to a plasma? ive just got an hsbc premier c/c and that excludes plasmas, lcds etc...