Hunter Killer 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for the review Cas it looks like a buy from me. :smashin:

Cheers Cas, worth a purchase I reckon.

I quite enjoyed this, There was a little bit of excess cheese here and there, but overall worth a watch and there were some rather good low frequency rumbles and surround effects to keep me happy. 6.5/10 from me.

"You could do a whole lot worse than picking up this excellent 4K disc."

What a piece of advice should a movie critic give? :nono:

It's kind of crap but you end up enjoying it anyway. Reminded me of something Steven Segal might have made at the peak of his powers for some reason.

It's kind of crap but you end up enjoying it anyway. Reminded me of something Steven Segal might have made at the peak of his powers for some reason.

I can see that, it's got a bit of an Under Siege meets Executive Decision thing going on.

Saw this in theaters last year when there was nothing else i did not see yet :) but ended up liking it even though there are some bad parts.
Lionsgate is killing it with their 4K discs as Robin Hood 2018 looks like a video/audio winner as well if early reviews are anything to go by so will end up buying both when they are discounted :)

Great review @Casimir Harlow

I watched this recently & thoroughly enjoyed it too.

Picture & audio stunning as you note.

It’s a sit back, disengage brain & enjoy kinda film with plenty of action to lap up.

Some great action sequences.

Good fair accurate review Cas :thumbsup:

Great review @Casimir Harlow

I watched this recently & thoroughly enjoyed it too.

Picture & audio stunning as you note.

It’s a sit back, disengage brain & enjoy kinda film with plenty of action to lap up.

Some great action sequences.

Good fair accurate review Cas :thumbsup:

Is it Olympus Has Fallen with submarines? :D

More London Has Fallen with a Super Sized helping of missiles and torpedoes.

Is it Olympus Has Fallen with submarines? :D

Yeah more London Has Fallen crossed with Under Siege / Die Hard / Behind Enemy Lines / Hunt For Red October / The Rock.

It’s VERY enjoyable :smashin:

Oddly I did find Gary Oldman over acting which was very out of character for him.

Yeah more London Has Fallen crossed with Under Siege / Die Hard / Behind Enemy Lines / Hunt For Red October / The Rock.

It’s VERY enjoyable :smashin:

Oddly I did find Gary Oldman over acting which was very out of character for him

You’re being facetious, right? :D

E4B20F23-702F-428A-A576-4774B115FD53.gif

A729A042-8B81-4B97-80D8-91F5F1B2330A.gif

As an owner of a 55 inch Television I’d be interested to know the distance you viewed from Cas?

As an owner of a 55 inch Television I’d be interested to know the distance you viewed from Cas?

The sofa's just over 6 ft away from the TV, so I have to occasionally move closer when reviewing, particularly to get a better feel for key scenes, but I find that a comfortable viewing distance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom