Hunt: Showdown

King Tones

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone Picked this up ?

Started to see loads of videos and looks really good, something different for a FPS.

Hunt: Showdown is out now on Xbox Game Preview! Savage, nightmarish monsters roam the Louisiana swamps, and you are part of a group of rugged bounty hunters bound to rid the world of their ghastly presence. Banish these creatures from our world, and you will be paid generously—and given the chance to buy more gruesome and powerful weapons. Fail, and death will strip you of both character and gear. Your experience, however, remains in your pool of hunters—called your Bloodline—always.

Buy Hunt: Showdown now on Xbox Game Preview https://bit.ly/2XbVeBT
Visit our website for more information and updates: https://www.huntshowdown.com

Yes, I've played a few rounds on it now. Really enjoyed it, great atmosphere and sound design.

Only problems at the moment are if you've watched many of the youtubers playing is that this version currently lags behind and is missing many of the features you'll see in there. As I understand, they generally play the PC test server.

Unfortunately the game is also really quiet on Xbox at the moment, often find yourself on a server with only another 2-4 people.

It's a shame, as it seems to have massive potential and the whole pvp/pve risk and reward element sets up some brilliant encounters.

I'll definitely be playing more but haven't gone overboard as they're wiping the player database before full release so didn't want to spend a massive amount of time only to lose all that progress. Believe version 1.0 is scheduled towards the end of this month.

Should be a trial available with it being in preview, worth a go.

Yeah trial is downloading now.
That's one of the things I was worried about, the low player numbers. Maybe it will pick up after full release or it might come to games pass.

Yeah trial is downloading now.
That's one of the things I was worried about, the low player numbers. Maybe it will pick up after full release or it might come to games pass.

Hope so, deserves a bit more recognition. PC version has apparently started gaining some traction since the likes of jackfrags have been playing and raving about it.

Bit of luck and it might have a knock on effect for Xbox.

Looks utter garbage on the X, all the awesome vids are running on the pc. Very fun game though, I can see things like this and vigor ruling next gen, battle royal evolved.

Hope so, deserves a bit more recognition. PC version has apparently started gaining some traction since the likes of jackfrags have been playing and raving about it.

Bit of luck and it might have a knock on effect for Xbox.

I see 1.0 Update for Xbox has been delayed. Assume this will go up in price when it goes full release ?
Not tried the trial yet, hopefully get on and give it a go this afternoon and then decide to grab it or not.

I see 1.0 Update for Xbox has been delayed. Assume this will go up in price when it goes full release ?
Not tried the trial yet, hopefully get on and give it a go this afternoon and then decide to grab it or not.

How long for? I'd put off playing much more as didn't want to have hours of progress reset. Been itching to get back on for the newer updates and hopefully polish. Looks like I'll have to wait now.

If you see me on tonight and want to try it out with a team mate, send me an invite.

How long for? I'd put off playing much more as didn't want to have hours of progress reset. Been itching to get back on for the newer updates and hopefully polish. Looks like I'll have to wait now.

If you see me on tonight and want to try it out with a team mate, send me an invite.

I just spotted it yesterday on their Twitter feed that 1.0 was supposed to be released along side the Steam Release but they found some issues.

No ETA as yet.

EC5_ZyvX4AEowpP.jpg:large

I will be on tonight from about 8ish for a few hours if your about to show me the ropes.

anyone know if you can play this Solo ?
Still not fully tried it out as yet and very tempted in jumping in.

Finished my trial and loved it.
Going to buy it over the weekend I reckon.
No idea what I am doing though and it's going to be a struggle to get to grips with it.

If anyone has it and fancies showing me the ropes give me a shout.

Finished my trial and loved it.
Going to buy it over the weekend I reckon.
No idea what I am doing though and it's going to be a struggle to get to grips with it.

If anyone has it and fancies showing me the ropes give me a shout.

I have it, not played much of it recently or indeed since it's final release. Gaming time always seems rather limited at the moment but will jump in if I can.

I have it, not played much of it recently or indeed since it's final release. Gaming time always seems rather limited at the moment but will jump in if I can.

Thought it looked and played pretty well when I loaded up the trial. Certainly a bit more polished than I expected it to be.

Will be on tonight if your about.

Well I am truly terrible, not got any kills as yet.
Tried Quickplay to try and get used to it and I am getting spanked by players Rank 80+ and I am level 6 at the moment.
Player numbers seem very low and might have wasted £30 on this....
It's fun and tense to play but going Solo does not seem to be a good idea.

Well I am truly terrible, not got any kills as yet.
Tried Quickplay to try and get used to it and I am getting spanked by players Rank 80+ and I am level 6 at the moment.
Player numbers seem very low and might have wasted £30 on this....
It's fun and tense to play but going Solo does not seem to be a good idea.

Looks like many of those concerns are about to be addressed 😀

Still up for a game when I get a chance!

@King Tones Well that was a baptism of fire since I played last, when did everyone get so bloody good :rotfl:

I felt lost at sea, much has changed since the preview. The menus were complicated enough!

Thanks for the games though me being dead an awful lot.

Can you give me any tips on a good starting load out?

I went with an Axe and Pistol then Axe and Shotgun and got owned in every pvp encounter I had. The shotgun was awesome but it only had one shot and halfway through reloading the other players had killed me. The pistol had more ammo but my wonky aiming did little to no damage to the other players.

I went with an Axe and Pistol then Axe and Shotgun and got owned in every pvp encounter I had. The shotgun was awesome but it only had one shot and halfway through reloading the other players had killed me. The pistol had more ammo but my wonky aiming did little to no damage to the other players.

I wish I could, I was using a Winfield and a pistol and getting owned. The menus seem more convoluted now as well, there seems to be an awful lot of various currencies and points and I'm not sure what I should be investing in with them. Not sure what's going on as in the preview I did pretty well but the other night I was utterly useless.

@King Tones might be able to give more insight as he's played it a lot more than me since full release.

@King Tones Well that was a baptism of fire since I played last, when did everyone get so bloody good :rotfl:

I felt lost at sea, much has changed since the preview. The menus were complicated enough!

Thanks for the games though me being dead an awful lot.

Well you stayed alive longer than me each round.

We were being thrown into US Servers it seems and I am sure some of the games had already started.
No idea what was going on but I was dying in 1 hit from people that were supposed to be right in front of me but I never saw them. One of the rounds as soon as it started we ran to the first clue and got shot by people sat on the roof, there is no way they could of got their that quickly.
Another round we seemed to already have 3 clues and then we were right next to the location of the bounty and got shot from behind b other players.
The one round we did get the bounty, kill the bounty and then start to banish it some guy killed me that had been there it seems the whole time and I never heard him.

Honestly that was a terrible run of games and I had no idea what was going on. Normally I get thrown into Euro Servers but the Matchmaking was putting us into US ones and it showed.

I still don't fully understand the menus and they seem to lag quite a bit when you are trying to equip something.

Honestly no idea on loadouts to be honest, I know the shotgun you mean and it is a beast but very slow and you have to remember to reload it every time.
I normally try and go with a rifle, pistol, knife or knuckle dusters and then a bomb or 2 and health.
I rarely stay alive long enough to use them all though.

Best thing I found was play lots of quick play because you can pick up weapons, you don't lose your character and you can get into gun fights and learn the maps.

Probably hasn't improved my aim but I can navigate the map better and used to the controls and taking out the PVE's a lot better.

I wish I could, I was using a Winfield and a pistol and getting owned. The menus seem more convoluted now as well, there seems to be an awful lot of various currencies and points and I'm not sure what I should be investing in with them. Not sure what's going on as in the preview I did pretty well but the other night I was utterly useless.

@King Tones might be able to give more insight as he's played it a lot more than me since full release.
In regards to the currency, the Hunt dollars (the 2 black skulls) are used to rebuy your equipment and rehire hunters you have lost in battle, the Blood bonds are used for buying Legendary weapons & Hunters and unlocking new trait slots.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom