Hunt: Showdown (Preview)

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Anyone Picked this up ?

Started to see loads of videos and looks really good, something different for a FPS.

Hunt: Showdown is out now on Xbox Game Preview! Savage, nightmarish monsters roam the Louisiana swamps, and you are part of a group of rugged bounty hunters bound to rid the world of their ghastly presence. Banish these creatures from our world, and you will be paid generously—and given the chance to buy more gruesome and powerful weapons. Fail, and death will strip you of both character and gear. Your experience, however, remains in your pool of hunters—called your Bloodline—always.

Buy Hunt: Showdown now on Xbox Game Preview https://bit.ly/2XbVeBT
Visit our website for more information and updates: https://www.huntshowdown.com

Kravenius

Distinguished Member
Yes, I've played a few rounds on it now. Really enjoyed it, great atmosphere and sound design.

Only problems at the moment are if you've watched many of the youtubers playing is that this version currently lags behind and is missing many of the features you'll see in there. As I understand, they generally play the PC test server.

Unfortunately the game is also really quiet on Xbox at the moment, often find yourself on a server with only another 2-4 people.

It's a shame, as it seems to have massive potential and the whole pvp/pve risk and reward element sets up some brilliant encounters.

I'll definitely be playing more but haven't gone overboard as they're wiping the player database before full release so didn't want to spend a massive amount of time only to lose all that progress. Believe version 1.0 is scheduled towards the end of this month.

Should be a trial available with it being in preview, worth a go.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Yeah trial is downloading now.
That's one of the things I was worried about, the low player numbers. Maybe it will pick up after full release or it might come to games pass.

Kravenius

Distinguished Member
Yeah trial is downloading now.
That's one of the things I was worried about, the low player numbers. Maybe it will pick up after full release or it might come to games pass.
Hope so, deserves a bit more recognition. PC version has apparently started gaining some traction since the likes of jackfrags have been playing and raving about it.

Bit of luck and it might have a knock on effect for Xbox.

Looks utter garbage on the X, all the awesome vids are running on the pc. Very fun game though, I can see things like this and vigor ruling next gen, battle royal evolved.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Hope so, deserves a bit more recognition. PC version has apparently started gaining some traction since the likes of jackfrags have been playing and raving about it.

Bit of luck and it might have a knock on effect for Xbox.
I see 1.0 Update for Xbox has been delayed. Assume this will go up in price when it goes full release ?
Not tried the trial yet, hopefully get on and give it a go this afternoon and then decide to grab it or not.

Kravenius

Distinguished Member
I see 1.0 Update for Xbox has been delayed. Assume this will go up in price when it goes full release ?
Not tried the trial yet, hopefully get on and give it a go this afternoon and then decide to grab it or not.
How long for? I'd put off playing much more as didn't want to have hours of progress reset. Been itching to get back on for the newer updates and hopefully polish. Looks like I'll have to wait now.

If you see me on tonight and want to try it out with a team mate, send me an invite.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
How long for? I'd put off playing much more as didn't want to have hours of progress reset. Been itching to get back on for the newer updates and hopefully polish. Looks like I'll have to wait now.

If you see me on tonight and want to try it out with a team mate, send me an invite.
I just spotted it yesterday on their Twitter feed that 1.0 was supposed to be released along side the Steam Release but they found some issues.

No ETA as yet.

I will be on tonight from about 8ish for a few hours if your about to show me the ropes.

Trending threads

Top Bottom