hundred reasons

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Oct 15, 2002.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Quick review of A hundred reasons album Ideas above our station.

This has undergone the car test i.e repeated plays over a series of 2 weeks, Im not bored yet.

Bit like Ash's 1977 / Free All Angels albums in that there are plenty of hooks and melodies in a punk sounding album.

Some nice subtle moments in between the more thrashy bits, some small nods in the direction of Nu Metal, some bits of screaming. Some parts have a grunge feel.

All in all a very competent album, which promises more for future work I reckon.

If you like a Cross between Nirvana and Ash this could be for you.

Well recommended.

2. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    I on the other hand was a little disappointed with this album - I bought it on the strength of one of their singles and apart from this and a few other songs it failed to impress. I did however get it at the same time a QOTSA Rated R - so it may well have been overshadowed and not given the love and respect it deserved. Maybe i'll have another listen...

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236

ditto with Music for the deaf, finally got round to listening to it after a disappointing initial listen. Give it another go, you might be suprised.