Hummy REL Quake

N

noop

Ive just changed the position of my recently purchased REL Quake sub.

Ive noticed a rather annoying humm from the sub when it is not being used . i.e the sub is switched on at the power but no sound being pushed to it from my amp.

Is this usual ? or is there anything I can do to stop it. The settings are very low , and infact I dont actually understand all the settings however with some playing I have gotten a sound that I like .... Anyone got any tips or an idiots guide to the setting etc aswell as any advice on that damn humm ;-)

Mine is silent when not in use. I used to get this with my old pioneer sub.
I'd check your manual I'm sure there is something in there about it.
I'll check when I get in.

It's a mains issue - check what other equipment is near and have a play around

Thanks for the replies, I'll move it from its current position and see what happens...

I had a similar problem with mine and it turned out to be a grounding issue. Before you start moving things about, try the following:

Try touching one of the exposed metal screws on the amp's control panel - does the hum go away?

If you have a 'turntable ground' point on the back of your amp, try touching that - does the hum go away?

In my case, both of the above were YES so I ended up grounding the turntable ground of the amp and everything was fine!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom