Humming noise coming from my Samsung 205bw?

Tommy Vercetti

I've had by Samsung sm205bw monitor for about 2-3 wks now & have suddenly noticed a high humming noise coming from it. It sounds the same as 1 of those Flea Zapper Combs that u can buy in Argos, but is slightly less loud if u know what I mean!!
I thought it might be the power cable not quite plugged into the monitor fully, but it wasnt.
Its not amazingly loud but it is starting to annoy me a bit & is not sometihng I can live with.
I cant work out exactly where its coming from other than its definitley coming from the monitor. So is it a fault & if so do u guys think I should get it replaced, seeing as Samsung offer a 3 yr warranty with it?

amjedm

I bought the same monitor from PC World and it made a buzzing noise when brightness was below 91%. This I believe was to do with the load on the power supply.

I took it back to PC World and they couldn't hear the noise due to high background noise. Managed to get a refund eventually (thank God) :)

I did contact Samsung about the problem and they said if it's under 30 days old it should be returned to place of purchase.

Tommy Vercetti

Ta mate!!

I've now had another problem with mine.
I booted up my PC, turned on the monitor & when my OS main page appeared there were lots of little pink coloured dots all over it. Then every couple of seconds the screen would go black, then appear again, then go black. This happened about 3 or 4 times & then the screen would be fine with no little pink dots.

This is not looking good is it!!:(

amjedm

You're welcome :)

Have you tried the monitor on another computer to see if you have the same problem?

Tommy Vercetti

Havent got another PC to try it on I'm afraid.
I never had a problem with my 17" LG LCD monitor which I bought about 2 1/2 yrs ago though.

Looks like I'll have to get on to Samsung & OCUK tomorrow.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom