Humax Youview latest upgrade.awful for my recordings

shalimar

Standard Member
Reaction score
Humax just accessed my files & arbitrarily changed how I see my recording list.

Humax just accessed my files & arbitrarily changed how I see my recording list. Making it unreadable for my mature eyes.

I should have been able to choose; if I wanted sideways moving little gaudy pictures, where I can barely see the titles.

Turn the efficient simple list back on; the human eye reads plain lists efficiently and easily.
Its like someone walking in my home and rearranging all my belongings.

It is far easier to select what you have recorded from the original List which shows every episode on one click..

It takes me 3 clicks to change the page no; when you have 20 pages to look at and choose from, this is infuriating. its slow.
They must have original prog thing can't we force them to change back??

We the customer should have option to refuse such a massive change, or be able to select if we prefer plain simple easy text.
I dislike intensely,.
Another complaint .
why do we the buyer accept that when a Humax returned as faulty; they are allowed to replace my machine with a different one with all my recordings wiped off. Why buy a 500GB, ? no point
My DTRT 1010 was replaced by a DTR 1000 and now that won't work on HMDI.
So as under warranty goes back and I lose my recordings again.
Am I the only person who thinks a 2 way usb would have let me save to another HD.

Ive complained, but I doubt if Humax and Youview or any one will care.
Regards Shalimar

Humax had nothing to do with it. The change is down to Youview moving to a cloud based software solution. The general opinion from Youview box owners is that like the OP it's a retrograde step. Afraid the only way to solve if anyone can't get on with the new UI is change the box for Freeview+/Freeview Play unit.

The general opinion from Youview box owners is that like the OP it's a retrograde step.
AHEM.... The general opinion from new Youview forum users, which is approx 1,000 amongst 2.5m users, is that it's a retrograde step.
With a seasoned user like yourself graham, I'm disappointed you would choose to judge any product by its forum. Because they are always far from representative.

Last edited:
AHEM.... The general opinion from new Youview forum users, which is approx 1,000 amongst 2.5m users, is that it's a retrograde step.
With a seasoned user like yourself graham, I'm disappointed you would choose to judge any product by its forum. Because they are always far from representative.

Put it this way on the posts I have seen is haters many, likers zero. Barry at MyHumax who is arguably the most experienced Humax box user and tested it before release has stated his negative opinions, needlless to say they went ahead anyway. How many posts from the 2.5m users say it's a upgrade and they like it ? Also bear in mind it's a phased roll out and many will not have even seen it yet anyway.

As I said I don't have the box, so as I said feedback is negative. In light of the limitations pvr wise it's not a box I ever considered buying. That's a fact not a judgement. Don't shoot the messenger. :)

i like the update tbh .

mrs does it but its just press del .

graham, I would like to assure you I'd never think about shooting you for just delivering a message. :(

I like NextGen and so do many others too. Do you have a link for that Barry at MyHumax thread?

graham, I would like to assure you I'd never think about shooting you for just delivering a message. :(

I like NextGen and so do many others too. Do you have a link for that Barry at MyHumax thread?

Just goto MyHumax and look at the appropriate threads.

mrs does it but its just press del .

According to a poster at MyHumax you have to go through all the episodes to locate the one you have just watched. Normally the item you have just watched is highlighted so as you say it just a press delete. There is also reports of owners deleting an entire series accidentally.

According to a poster at MyHumax you have to go through all the episodes to locate the one you have just watched. Normally the item you have just watched is highlighted so as you say it just a press delete. There is also reports of owners deleting an entire series accidentally.
Tbh we don't save up series normally watch couple of days later etc and just delete what we've just seen.

Put it this way on the posts I have seen is haters many, likers zero. Barry at MyHumax who is arguably the most experienced Humax box user and tested it before release has stated his negative opinions, needlless to say they went ahead anyway.
Thanks for the non-link graham. I didn't even know that thread existed. But have since posted on it.

Thanks for the non-link graham. I didn't even know that thread existed. But have since posted on it.

They don't like posting links to so called competing forums here. They often get deleted.

This has now been directly highlighted and it was confirmed by YouView that a message pops up saying - Delete recording? 'ARE YOU SURE?'
Though this is now going to be amended to say - Delete SERIES recording? 'ARE YOUR SURE?'

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom