Humax Youview DTR-T1000 freezing at 'Nearly Ready'

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Aladdin, Sep 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Aladdin

Aladdin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was lucky enough to get a Humax Youview box given to me as part of the Youview trials and I used it with the bedroom TV (as the main TV has a Digital Stream connected to it). This means I'm no longer in the warranty period. anymore

Recently, the box started to freeze every couple of days (which I know some other people have reported too) and it got really frustrating so I stopped using it and went back to the trusty old Topfield which had been packed away and thought I'd been lucky to get the box for free and trial it.

This weekend I wanted to catch up with some programmes on 4oD so I thought I'd have another go with the Youview box. I did a factory reset and watched live TV for a short time to see if the EPG freeze happened again but it didn't (but as I say I only used it for a short while).

I had a couple of freezes while watching the 4oD catchup service. On each occasion I had to switch the power off at the back but I had to do this 5 or 6 times before it would start properly as it usually froze at 'Nearly Ready'. ( I know it can take time to get beyond 'Nearly Ready' but I waited 30 minutes each time to make sure I had waited long enough). In this state the box is unusable (if not by me then certainly by my wife) so I've had to go back to the Topfield again but that seems really clunky now by comparison).

As mentioned, I've done a factory reset and I'm outside of warranty so I can't get it replaced (for free). Does anybody have any suggestions or know how I can get this repaired cheaply?