• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax wifi dongle wont find router

FirestarterUK

Standard Member
Guys, i have had the Humax connected to my router but i had to change the router and passwords etc, so went about setting up the Humax again to gain access to the internet.

it sees the router, seems to know what type of key is required. i put the password in and it werrrs about for a couple of mins and says it cant connect.

it then defaults back to the orignal router name...

any help please.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
FirestarterUK said:
i put the password in and it werrrs about for a couple of mins and says it cant connect

Are you entering it correctly noting upper/lower case letters?

ShamblesX

Established Member
Does your new router have any restrictions on connectable MAC addresses, ie, MAC filtering ?

Another thing to try, is change the broadcast channel on the router. The default channel (11) on my new netlink router was recognised by both hummys (they could see the SSID) but the verification protocol wouldn't complete.

FirestarterUK

Standard Member
Ill check the router, but its picking the router name up from the list it can see, so im assuming it can talk to the router ok, it just wont see the password. as far as channels concerned, dont routers automatically switch.

ShamblesX

Established Member
Ill check the router, but its picking the router name up from the list it can see, so im assuming it can talk to the router ok, it just wont see the password. as far as channels concerned, dont routers automatically switch.

Just give it a whirl and report back :cool:

FirestarterUK

Standard Member
just for the record and in case anyone else has this problem. i took the wifi out of the back usb, plugged it in the front. re entered details and it worked. now i know a few might say i entered the key wrong first off but i dont think so, i think unplugging it has reset something. its fine now, and once it was working i returned to rear and it continued to work.

thx for all the help guys appreciated

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom