Humax VAHD-5300

Starshipdown

Novice Member
Reaction score
While on a recent holiday in Switzerland I purchased a Humax VAHD-5300 digi box for my caravan. I went through the motions of setting up the box to my satellite dish. I am only able to receive 'Foreign' channels, i.e everything except Astra 2 etc on 28.2E.

I purchased a new lead, LNB and a new 100cm dish.

I am now back in the U.K, still unable to receive Astra channels or any English speaking channels.

Does the box I have purchased need a software upgrade or is it just not suitable for my needs?

I tried to enter the settings for the Astra channels on 28.2E manually but they would not save.

All help appreciated.

Thanks for your prompt attention.

The VAHD-5300 only appears on the Geran site of Humax. I don't know what the U.K equivelant model would be.

Sorry, my last post should read German.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, my last post should read German.

If you post a channel name and the transponder frequency of a channel you can get it will give a clue as to what satellite(s) you are actually pointing at.

Does the box I have purchased need a software upgrade or is it just not suitable for my needs?
No, and it should be fine.
Let's have the details as glt asked, and let us know exactly what dish you have and how it's located.

Your on the wrong sat, get yourself a motor to make the most of that 1m dish. :D

Thanks for the replies so far.

It will be a few days before I will be able to set the equipment up now that I am back home in the U.K (Jobs to be done etc).

I will report back asap.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom