humax update today

GCDB

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi,
cant seem to update the softwaRE ON HUMAX 8000T.
i have been starting off the automatic update when on bbc1 and comes back with no update software etc.my version is 1.00.14 at present,how can i search for it manually??

You can only update on specific dates when they're announced on the engineering pages.
sorry I cannot remember the address :(

The latest version is PGTTF 2.00.01 and makes a hell of a differance to this great pvr.
Go to www.humaxdigital.com
First login: and then you will see the options for updating from your pc under support, you will need the relavent cables though.

Good luck

dont people update through 0ta as it is today according to eng download schedule dtg.org.uk...hence why i am trying it.

GCDB said:
dont people update through 0ta as it is today according to eng download schedule dtg.org.uk...hence why i am trying it.
:oops: didn't no it was repeated today.
You can force it to update in the menu, under installation and then manually update.
It will auto update but mine is set to 4.00am.

been trying to update my pvr today to but it says it cant find the update when i do auto search and i dont know what channel/frequency to try it on manual update?

i note that it says that it is broadcast on multiplex one , but the channels i can choose from seem to be 21-60ish...

fathazza said:
been trying to update my pvr today to but it says it cant find the update when i do auto search and i dont know what channel/frequency to try it on manual update?

i note that it says that it is broadcast on multiplex one , but the channels i can choose from seem to be 21-60ish...
Check what the time is set to on auto update and change it to a couple of minutes before the current time.
Its worth trying.

Maybe the update isn't even being transmitted, this has happened before!

tried that and still no. Looks like i will have to update by pc i guess.....

Just reading on the update site (hcsa)that the software is not compatible with xp.Has anyone else upgraded firmware for humax 8000 80gb through their pc with xp?

I updated my 40GB with XP

Information on which downloads are available each week can be found on
the dtg site. start off by going to www.dtg.org.uk
Then click on Industry, then Retailers & Installers, and finally Engineering channel download schedule.
This weeks its the Sony DX51 & DL11 with a list for Panasonic next week, No mention of Humax but keep checking.

to save time heres the full url to the schedule page.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl

moonbrain said:
Information on which downloads are available each week can be found on
the dtg site. start off by going to www.dtg.org.uk
Then click on Industry, then Retailers & Installers, and finally Engineering channel download schedule.
This weeks its the Sony DX51 & DL11 with a list for Panasonic next week, No mention of Humax but keep checking.

to save time heres the full url to the schedule page.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl
That page did show the Humax down for updates for yesterday and today. Strange as it is no longer showing the humax for today.

Yes, i have been watching that site for a while waiting for the update to come up and it showed the update between sunday and monday but hopefully it was never broadcast in the first place as mine did not update.(with correct update settings might add!)
Will wait for another and after that if no good will try pc.
Thanks though.

Hi I've just bought the humax and have just read this sight, I too went to download the upgrade but like the others...nothing, although it said it was a repeat, the next download is on the 10th. The only niggle I have is when I inst. rec. and then switch the recorder to standby it stops recording, this has happened 3 times

Dougalls said:
Hi I've just bought the humax and have just read this sight, I too went to download the upgrade but like the others...nothing, although it said it was a repeat, the next download is on the 10th. The only niggle I have is when I inst. rec. and then switch the recorder to standby it stops recording, this has happened 3 times
It will still switch off after you have updated it.
It could do with being like a vcr in timer mode ( you cannot switch off when programmed to record). :thumbsdow

i just emailed humax and they are sending me out a cable so i can update via my pc...

tho you do need a null modem cable, which i luckily have one lying around from the last decade in my box of bits :)

Just in case you haven't noticed, the Humax 8000T update has been rescheduled for 15th-17th October. It's listed on the DTG download schedule page.

Apparently the 2nd/3rd October update didn't happen.

Timh said:
You can only update on specific dates when they're announced on the engineering pages.
sorry I cannot remember the address :(

Is this the address you're looking for?

There is a PGTTF 2.00.01 download scheduled to run next week.

Cheers,

Martin.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom