HUMAX- see this

bert2

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe HUMAX look at these threads and would like their comment on this as well as you folks.

I have just bought a F2-FoxT, but this will apply to any other Freeview box I assume, on the basis that it will switch on my VCR when in syncro record mode, record the program and then switch both off. I find that it will only do this if they are connected via the TV output scart and not the VCR output scart. Since I need the usual connection of TV out to TV and VCR out to VCR this is a pain as I have to programme both VCR and ST box.

Why do HUMAX, and all others I assume, not send the signal to switch the attached machines via both scarts?

Why just not contact them direct?

As both scarts are configurable for composite or RGB, why not just feed the VCR scart into the TV & have the TV scart switch the VCR as you require?

Ok, done that. So now syncro record works with VCR but TV does not auto switch to correct input when Freeview box is switched on. I suppose I can live with that but shouldn't have to.

Also Humax VCR output is not RGB configerable according to the menu. It's composite and s-video so have lost RGB benefit to TV picture.

Sorry, could have sworn they were both RGB. :suicide:

I thought so too, before I bought it, as What Video and Widescreen TV magazine said it was RGB on both. I have emailed HUMAX for clarification about this and the switching signal.

Humax were unhelpful, just told me what I already knew. WV&WS did not bother to reply.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom