• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax recording. How do I delete?

auntievirus

Standard Member
Hello
I have a Humax digital recorder attached to my Samsung Smart TV. I only have one problem and it's bugging me! I'm fairly new to this system, so please bear with me.
When I have recorded and watched a programme, whether it be a one-off, or part of a series, I can't always delete it. The manual says to bring up the prog. to be deleted and press OPT+. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't give me that option. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Let me know whether this should be in the Freeview or the Freesat forum so that it can be moved from Remote Controls.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
:rtfm: page 39

Press <Media> to select folder/programme - just as if you are going to play a programme.. press <OK> then it's on the menu of what you can do... just arrow down to 'Delete' and press <OK>.

There are other ways... one of which involves the <opt+> button

The easiest way I find is - having reached the end of watching the programme while it's still playing - to press <media> check the current playing programme is highlighted (it sometimes isn't) then press <OK> down arrow twice (to 'Delete') <OK>

NB Same process on the Freesat HDR as well as the Freeview one.

nvingo

Distinguished Member
The manual says to bring up the prog. to be deleted and press OPT+. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't give me that option. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?
I've seen that. It can't delete a file that is currently being accessed (I think) so the delete option is greyed. I can't remember exactly what happened but I think if you try playing another file then return to the one you want to delete, it will be released.

I have a similar problem deleting files from the HDR via the web-if (custom firmware), it accepts the instruction but the file persists.

auntievirus

Standard Member
Hello nvingo. That doesn't work on my HDR. I've tried sneaking back at a later time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! I'm getting SO frustrated. Why should the machine cherrypick what it will delete and what it won't, and why. GRRRH!

GerryMac

Standard Member
Hi,
I had recordings that have failed but when you highlite them,you can,t delete them.
How-ever I found out how to delete.....Open Media> Select(Red Button)>scroll to recording>hit OK>..then you have options> select Delete.
HTH...

iaint

Established Member
Hi.
I know the FoxsatHDR won't allow a recording to be deleted if another recording is being background deleted nor can one delete a recording that's in progress; not sure about the HDRFoxT2...
--
Regards, Iain.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom