Humax PVR92150T freezing

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by bryant_andy, Feb 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bryant_andy

bryant_andy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a Humax PVR 9150T that freezes on ITV1 & Channel 4 amongst others. It occurs when watching live TV and recorded programs. However, it is not as bad on recorded programs.

My LG TV, and all the other Freeview boxes/TV's in the house are all perfect and they share the same aerial. The aerial is a high gain Freeview item distributed via a quality 4 way amp and was all installed a couple of years ago by an aerial company.

I have tried the aerial direct into the PVR and through a signal booster, but there is no difference!

I have also updated the software to the latest software and rescanned/tuned all the DTV channels.

But this has not improved the freezing.

And today, the box has started to lock up and only way to unlock it is to turn it off & on.

I have spoken to Currys who we bought the box from and I can take it back for a refund or exchange.

What should we do? Have we just been unlucky? Or should I take the money and buy a different PVR?

We love the abilty to record 2 programs at the same time :)

TIA

Andy

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. Chubby Checker

Chubby Checker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I bought a 9300T 3 weeks ago, it too has frozen twice on a channel (not necessarily Itv/4 though, cant remember). Only resolved itself after switching unit on and off. Personally I think I was going a bit OTT playing about with the unit, rcording loads of things at once, deleting, playing, PIP with radio etc etc (hey its a new toy). I have had no more incidents since I have begun using it instead of playing about with it (though it shouldnt freeze)... Luckily I know PVRs can have issues so I made sure I got mine from John Lewis which has a 2 year guarantee, and their returns policy is usually excellant; I am confident that if the freezing returns in say 18 months I will get a refund (I would never buy from Currys because they are a nightmare for returns normally)........I would recommend you get that refund and get the PVR from John Lewis (though I think they have only the 9300T, but its only £179 with free two year guarantee)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  3. nvingo

nvingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +712
    There have been national problems with the PVR9150 and PVR9300 locking up, until I believe the broadcasts were corrected yesterday. You shouldn't need to take any action now, and hopefully such occurences will be resolved by the broadcasters much faster in the future.

4. bryant_andy

bryant_andy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Other peoples freezing problem seemed to be sorted, but even after following all the instructions from Humax mine was still froze and kept locking up.

I exchanged the 9150 for a 9300 today. Carried out the software update and plugged it all in to the TV etc and it works great :clap:. So fingers crossed.