Humax PVR9200T edit problem after upgrade

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Mike Austin, Jan 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Mike Austin

Mike Austin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my Humax for just over 2 years with very few problems. Now, the latest update seems to have either screwed up editing of movies or made it very user-unfriendly.

I cannot find a way to inch through footage and set start and finish points like before. It seems the movie plays at a constant speed. The arrows move the start and finish points on the scale, but these have nothing to do with the current position in the movie. Does anyone else have the same problem?

I performed a reset to default and have downloaded the new manual plus yesterday's addendum to the manual. If I cannot get on with the update, can I reset it to the previous download? This was working perfectly.

2. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    AFAIK you can't do that now. Given that any edits on the Humax cause playback glitches I'm not sure its a big loss though.

Hit OK and play will jump to the current position. Its a pretty coarse positioning but accurate editing wasn't worth trying anyway since there's no resyncing at cuts. The only useful improvement is you can left scroll and it wraps to the programme end, which is good for splitting excess minutes off the end.

I'm still dazzled by the idiotic choice of 'Record' & 'Stop' to set edit points, took ages working out they really meant 'Record' when I saw the red button on the help bar :(

3. Mike Austin

Mike Austin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never had any problems with this. It's recording software on the PC that I find a problem (mainly synchronisation). I have downloaded pgxtf10010_all.hdf and plan to restore it to its pre-upgrade state. Should I look out for any problems with that?

4. crammedin

crammedin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
  5. Mike Austin

Mike Austin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I had whatever was automatically downloaded before this month's upgrade.

6. crammedin

crammedin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    No worries. I think that would be 1.00.06 you had before i guess. The 1.00.08 should be fine then. It adds a couple of bug fixes to the autopadding system and one for the MHEG engine but no other changes to the operating of the machine.

7. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    To be strictly accurate the bad cut at the start or end of a recording will usually be handled well by the 9200, the glitch is there but you won't see it, though you might have sound dropouts at the start cut. Any other cuts have had a 100% glitch rate on my machine, with the old and new software.

It couldn't really not have glitches since they just slice the file, without adjusting the streams or checking for packet boundaries.

On PC, ProjectX in demux mode with Cuttermaran to edit can fix almost anything the 9200 produces. DVBcut also seems pretty good at maintaining sync, if a bit clumsy to use. Haven't found any other free app I'd recommend though, they all seem to have sync problems.