1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax PVR800T - Why can't it simultaneously play and record?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by asgura, Dec 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. asgura

asgura

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A time-shifted recording is basically a simultaneous playback and record operation. Whatever is temporarily stored on the hard disk is played back but at the same time it continues to record the 'tail-end' of the programme/channel - hence it is playing and recording.

Logically therefore, should I not be able to watch a pre-recorded programme whilst simultaneously recording another? Clearly the processor can cope with it as it can do a time-shifted recording/playback.

I put this question to Humax Digital UK but the person I contacted did not have an answer. In the mean time, every time I'm watching a programme and the "Do you want to start recording scheduled programme" messsage appears I just grit my teeth!

-oh I forgot to add, thank you in advance to anyone who may have an answer to this...