Humax PVR800T Only Receiving A Few Channels

I

indytim

Hi,

I have recently acquired a Humax PVR800T, and set it up this weekend. The problem is that it's only showing about 6 channels and the rest are 'Bad Signal':confused:(ie. no channel being received/blank screen) . The EPG is also constantly changing, sometimes showing programme information and sometimes nothing at all. Obviously the answer to this would normally be that I have poor TV reception in my area but this is not the case as I already have a Nokia 221T digital receiver, which receives all the channels with no issues at all. Is this due to the quality of the tuner in the Humax? Any answers would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The Humax has a better tuner than any other Freeview box I have owned.

Have you actually done a search for new channels ?

The most likely reasons for a poor signal are:-

1) Aerial not good enough or poor connection.
2) Aerial not aligned properly.
3) Aerial Amplifier being used in a strong signal area (Remove it)
3) Transmitter Maintenance
4) Interference due to weather conditions
5) Receiver fault (Unlikely)

Try deleting all the channels before you search for new channels. Select Menu/Edit Channels/Edit Channel Lists/Group/TV, then Select All, then Delete, then Group/Radio, Select All, Delete.

I discovered I had to do this when I took mine to a holiday cottage (and again when I returned home). I guess the channel search doesn't update the information for a channel it finds (BBC1, say) if it already has stored information for that channel.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom