Humax PVR8000T RGB problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by adammc, Nov 7, 2004.

1. adammc

adammc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was disappointed to find a problem with the RGB video levels on the scart output of my nice new PVR8000T. I'd browsed many a list to check for users' comments on the device before buying and hadn't seen any bad features so assumed it to be a fault. On enquiring about a replacement problem I was having with the retailer I had the following response from Humax customer support:

"We are aware of some issues with certain RGB outputs to TV sets. However this is cannot be resolved on this model, as it may require a hardware modification. I do not believe that a replacement unit would suit your needs as you may have a similar problem, so it may be best to return the unit to [your retailer] for full credit."

Has anyone else had any similar problems with the device? I'm using it to feed a Hitachi 32PD3000 plasma that currently works fine with the same connections from an old Pace OnDigital receiver.

2. adammc

adammc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be more specific, the problem is that the scart output RGB levels and clamping appear not to be the same. Red seems worst affected reaching a peak level and clamping before white. Resulting picture looks cyan in peak whites and has red halo effect.

Anyone had similar? If not it may be worth me trying a replacement box.