Humax PVR8000T Remote control problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Longfall, Jul 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Longfall

Longfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on my second Humax PVR8000T now. Great machine, very easy and the girlfriend has hijacked it to watch Hollyoaks, so it must be good. But it has a little problem...

I took the first unit back because the numbers on the remote stopped working. The PVR still worked OK, but not possible to enter the password to delete recordings. Humax advised the remote suspct so I returned the whole Humax and got a replacememt.

The same thing has now happened to my new unit, so is it me? (something I've done in preferences) or has anybody else seen this problem?

2. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,359
    You could always change the settings so you don't need to enter a password. That's what I did as I got fed up typing 0000 all the time :)

3. Longfall

Longfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Done that, but still a bit annoying, don't know why both RCUs should fail the same way. Then again, I did buy it in Currys, my own stupid I guess
    :rolleyes:

4. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +584

this may sound silly but you do have the remote in TV mode rather than DTV/STB mode??? The remoted can be used for the STB and for another TV, if you press it to operate the TV button by mistake it can seem like the remote is dead! Ive done it a few times :oops:

5. 12 promises

12 promises

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    TRY SWITCHING IT OFF AT THE BACK AND LET IT INITIALISE.
    IF THAT DOESNT WORK DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A LEARNING REMOTE WHICH COULD HAVE THE HUMAX IN ITS DATABASE?

6. Longfall

Longfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried swiching it off, no joy. I'll recheck the TV button, but if not guess I'll need a new remote. Sounds like the Humax remotes have some problems anyway.

Thanks to all