Humax PVR8000T HD Upgrade to 120Gb Problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by nmacog, Jun 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. nmacog

nmacog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Dear All,

I recently bought a Humax PVR8000T and decided to upgrade the Hard Drive. This seemed fairly straight forward and I installed a 120Gb IBM Deskstar. All seems fine apart from one thing.

Whenever I record a programme, be it manually or via the schedule facility, recording cuts out after 2hrs exactly. I have tried reinstalling the original 40Gb Hard Drive that came with the unit and the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what is causing this ? The last software upgrade was the one which came with the box on Dec2003.

Many thanks,

SandyS

PS Has anyone managed to get Dolby Digital 5.1 output out of their boxes yet ? Am I right in saying that nothing is broadcasted in 5.1 yet ?

2. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    If the problems are still present after you replaced the 40GB HDD, then the fault is most likely with the STB itself. It sounds like a firmware or electronics problem but you should check that all the cables are fitted properly, that cable select is enabled on the HDD and look for any physical damage around the interior. Fitting the 120GB HDD should not cause any damage as the interface is electrically exactly the same. If the problem persists, try reflashing the firmware following Humax instructions and then if it still exists, package it up in the original configuration and return it under guarantee.

My box has been running a 120GB Maxtor HDD for nearly 2 months now without problems.

3. Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Max time of 2 hours if you hit the record button, this is to stop you filling up your hard drive if the button is accidently hit.

Would prefer 3 hours, might be changed wioth new S/W

4. nmacog

nmacog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Guys,

The feedback is much appreciated

SandyS :thumbsup:

5. whirlpool

whirlpool
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the PVR-8000T, with the standard drive. It terminates the recording at 2 hours if you just hit record.

6. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    The new software update gives a wide range of instant record times including 3h+.