Humax PVR-9200T Software Ideas

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by spoon261, Nov 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. spoon261

spoon261
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I have created the following Software Ideas for the Humax PVR-9200T. Please feal free to comment, copy, edit or do anything you like with it. I hope Humax are reading it.

Humax PVR9200T Software Ideas version 1.4

Most of these ideas are basic user-friendly ideas that are on nearly all other old and new Freeview machines, without them many potential customers will simply buy another manufactures product.

These ideas do not cover anything to do with things copied from PC to Humax.

i button
    Has to be pressed twice to get program description = change it to only needing to be pressed once.
    Make the UP and Down arrows change the Channel that program description is being displayed
    Only Now and Next available = change it to at least a day

i button shortcut, while watching live TV, make the left, right, up and down arrow keys act like the i button has been pressed instead of doing nothing. But when they are pressed again let them do their normal thing so you can navigate.

Channel List button, the current program is only displayed at the moment, would be good to see the next program as well.

Live Buffer (Time Shift)
    The following should be options since I assume they will increase Hardrive noise.
    1. Live buffer currently only works on one channel at a time = make it work on two at the same time + when changing to another Channel, delete only the first channels buffer.

2. Live Buffer erased while watching a recording = stop it erasing it.

3. When half way through recording a program, make it possible to watch the recording from the beginning before it finishes recording = at the moment you have to be watching the recording live from the beginning.

Program Guide
    1. Only 4 Channels displayed at a time = Need 5 or 6

2. Date next to Program Time is a number = need day not number displayed.

3. To find out a Programs Description, the i button currently has to be pressed = make it unnecessary to press the i button by making the program description fit on to the normal program guide screen = not on its own, but also keep the small video screen with the current program in it.

4. CH + - moves the cursor to the last Channel on the menu and then moves the channel to the top = it should instead move the cursor to the Channel after the last Channel on the menu and move it to the top of the menu.

Program Guide Time Bar, currently you have to enter Time Bar mode before the Fast Rewind, Fast Forward, Instant Replay & Commercial Skip buttons work as shortcuts to Time Bar functions. Make them also work when in normal Program Guide = so you do not have to go in to Time Bar mode (don’t have to press the green button).

Find By Genre displays a type of Genre, one channel at a time for the next 7 days, no way of jumping to another channel without scrolling through 7 days of the channel before and the channel before that etc. Change it so it orders it by time and date, not channel

Schedule (Yellow Button in Program Guide menu) should have displayed OK button to Edit

Recording Schedule and Schedule in the Guide menu needs the following changing / adding
    1. Turn the RED button in to Delete and display a RED icon to Delete on the screen.

2. Make the OK button go straight in to Edit function

3. Edit Function = Separate Start and End times and put them at the top of the menu

4. Make the Left and Right arrows add and subtract 1min from the Start and End times.

5. If the program scheduled has been edited, keep its name = at the moment it goes blank.

Change the maximum amount of Scheduled Recordings from 20 to 200

Record List and Recorded Program menus
    1. Make RED button delete the highlighted programme and display a RED icon to Delete on the screen.

2. Make OK button go straight to EDIT function

3. The name of the recorded program should be the program name half way through the recording, this will stop the program be fore’s name accidentally being used.

4. Would be good to see program description when cursor is on a program, not essential.

5. Program name hard to see in the Record List = change colour to white = only effects Record List menu, not Recorded Programme menu.

Preferences Menu
    1. Add the ability for all Scheduled recordings to automatically have 1,2,3,4,5 minutes added to their start and end times.

2. Add the ability for a screen saver / turning the picture blank when left on menus for a certain length of time to stop it burning on to the TV screen. Also apply this rule to pausing and radio.

3. Add the ability to change OK button from acting like the List button and instead act like Play List button.

4. Recording reminders being displayed on screen when a scheduled recording starts
    Add the ability to change how long the reminder stays on screen to 0, 1, 2, 3, 5 seconds
    The reminder should display the name of the program, the channel its on and its start / end time.

Save the 7 Day EPG guide data so it’s not deleted when in standby mode.

PIP = Make it work when viewing a recording or when recording

Switch Fan off when in Standby if Hardrive is off and box is cold enough

Front Display, Need option to Dim it and to switch it off when on or in standby.

When yellow and blue buttons not being used for something else, make them act the same as Comercial Skip and Instant Replay buttons.

After a power cut, currently the machine powers up and switches the hardrive on for a few seconds, then turns in to standby mode and powers down the hardrive.
    Stop hardrive from switching on for the above = unnecessary and could damage or wear it out faster. Of course make sure it switches hardrive on for any recordings.

Copying recordings from Humax to PC = give the file name the correct extension to describe the file format so Windows can work out how to open it.

MP3 = Increase the amount of Hardrive space that can be used to store MP3

2. Damon

Damon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4

Again, I think everyone does. What bugged me is that the MP3's only lpay through the phono outputs and not the optical, WTF is that about. I have to change the amp input to play MP3s now.

For a first post, that was pretty in depth.

Damon :hiya:

3. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +385
    I guess you need to remove the spurious audio stream and set the flags correctly to make a "standard" MPEG - you can then convert this with any DivX ripper. See my other post in this forum for how to do this using Womble mpeg-vcr.

4. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +385
    Sorry - should have been more explicit. The post descibing how to do this is titled "How to author a DVD with the files from the PVR-9200T".

5. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Its a standard enough MPEG2 for Media Player Classic to just play them as long as you have an MPEG2 codec installed. Just another reason to avoid Windows half-baked Media Player.

6. spoon261

spoon261
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Damon

Channel Preview seems important to meny people.
    No reason why they can not sqeeze more lines on = other manufacturers managed it.

200 Timers = 100 hour Hardrive, 30min programs = 200. Christmas or Summer holiday = 2 to 3 weeks = could do with them. Of course you can set up a timer to record every day or week as long as its the same program.

transparency setting does not help

Play button has another function assigned to it by Humax

The display is a pain for some people = Bedroom or in a Homecinema system which has no lights on = rear projection TV. But its important to see it when you need it.