• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax PVR 9200T Hard Disc drive problems

caniscorpus

Standard Member
I have three of these set top boxes. After a time I find that the hard drive fails and needs replacement. Humax customer services advised that a Seagate DB35.3 series drive should be used. I duly installed this Seagate drive only to find that the same problem recurrs. This is that when menu is accessed the screen does not display Record.Instead the option list starts with preferences and at the end is shown an option for games. As users will know this does not normally display. To get record I have to switch the box off and on. The box then reloads and then when I press menu the Record option magically re-appears. Unfortunately this does not last and for no reason at all the Record function can disappear and I have to switch off and on again. Can anyone tell me if this a hard disc problem or whether there is some other exlanation and cure

M

morgmob

Hope someone can help you as I am experiencing the same problem.
HAve got so used to the PVR that I need to know if the problem is terminal and whether I need to buy a new one.
Switching on and off worked for a short while (10 days) but can't get the record icon back at all now.:confused:

caniscorpus

Standard Member
John Lewis have told me that the loss of the record facility is a problem known to affect the PVR 9200T. They wanted me to return the Humax for repair. They said this is not a hard disc error but a problem that affects another(unspecified) component. As the box is out of warranty I bought a 9300T. This works fine if you use a Scart lead connection. I found that using the HDMI cable resulted in the sound button on the handset not responding at all. To adjust the sound I had to use the tv handset. I reported this to Humax customer services to no avail. I am cheesed off with Customer services as they previously told me the loss of record facility was a hard disc error. I forked out for a new drive only to waste my money. My advice is that if your Humax is out of warranty, buy a 9300T although as indicated above your problems will not be at an end

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Hope someone can help you as I am experiencing the same problem.
I'm new to the 9200T and haven't suffered this, so far. Have you looked / asked on the hummy.org forum? Lots of people there with a great deal of knowledge of the beast.
If it is a known problem they'll likely have a fix....

M

morgmob

Thanks for that.
Lost patience and went out and bought a new one today.
Have bought the 9200T (I think) same as my old one but smaller and black.
Fingers crossed all is OK.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom