Humax PVR-9150T, Playback Problems

Padraig H

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought this, I'm having problems with playback. I bring up the playlist, there's two recorded programmes on it, when I press OK or play button both seem to jump forward, one 1hr 48min, the other 47mins, when I use the back button to go to the beginning they both jump forward to the same position again, whats going wrong.
Padraig H

Just bought this, I'm having problems with playback. I bring up the playlist, there's two recorded programmes on it, when I press OK or play button both seem to jump forward, one 1hr 48min, the other 47mins, when I use the back button to go to the beginning they both jump forward to the same position again, whats going wrong.
Padraig H
When you press OK or the play button Playback "Resumes", i.e. it starts Playback at the point where the programme was stopped if it was played previously. Does this match your scenario? If Playback was not performed previously then I don't recognize your problem.

Once Playback has started if you press the Play button (a second press if Playback was started using this button) then Playback immediately jumps to the start of the recording. You can also use the Rewind function but this takes longer. In either case having been returned to the start it should not jump forward.

Colin

I've recorded a couple of programmes since and they start and playback ok. One other thing I don't trust the auto timing(start/finish), A BBC programe I watched last night running about 2mins late the recording started 2 mins late which is right but finished to early missing the last couple of minutes.
Padraig H

Last edited:
In my experience, the implementation of Acccurate Recording on Humax PVRs is poor in comparison with other manufacturers.

I've recorded a couple of programmes since and they start and playback ok. One other thing I don't trust the auto timing(start/finish), A BBC programe I watched last night running about 2mins late the recording started 2 mins late which is right but finished to early missing the last couple of minutes.
Padraig H
There are issues with the Humax PVRs which a) cause the start of recordings to be delayed up to about 1 minute after the start signal is transmitted by the broadcaster and b) under certain conditions the programmes which run late are terminated prematurely at their scheduled end times. These issues apply if the recordings are set to record "On Time" i.e. Series Link/Accurate Recording is enabled. These issues have been discussed extensively in the thread here. The detailed results of tests I did on the late starts issue are shown in the post in the above thread here.

Did my post #2 above throw any light on your playback issues? i.e. is the possible the apparent jumping forward on playback was simply due to the recordings having been played back previously.

Colin

My recordings are starting ok now, but no luck with those two prob recordings, even when I rewound them back to the beginning they jumped forward, I've deleted them. I guess one way of overcoming the other accuate timing prob is editing the finish time in the shedule or in the Main menu record there's a choice to manually adjust start/finish but won't this cause problems with other progammes , simultaneous twin tuner recordings etc.
Padraig H

My recordings are starting ok now, but no luck with those two prob recordings, even when I rewound them back to the beginning they jumped forward, I've deleted them. I guess one way of overcoming the other accuate timing prob is editing the finish time in the shedule or in the Main menu record there's a choice to manually adjust start/finish but won't this cause problems with other progammes , simultaneous twin tuner recordings etc.
Padraig H
If you change recording start or end times you will lose the Series Link and Accurate Recording functionality. If the added recording time introduces clashes I believe you will be informed of this at the time you do the change. I'm not certain about this though as I have never done it. You can I believe make the choice to record alternative instances of the programme if these are available or reset your changes.

Colin

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom