Humax PVR-9100

C

candy

i just bought HUMAX PVR-9100, and it's really great and loved it.
but i have this question on how to transfer recorded shows to my pc...i connected the PVR to mu laptop through usb, but can't find my recorded shows!!!...and when i transfered some mp3s to the PVR, couldn't find them on the PVR.!!

whats the problem, am i doing something wronge here??

rhubarbe

Banned
You have to select the directory at the top of the right pane in the software that you are using - media E-Linker.

C

candy

yes i did that, but there are no files!!! i'll give it a try and get back,
thanx for replying

C

candy

Please some one help...i tried transferring using media e-linker but I didn't find my recorded files, only empty directory!!

rhubarbe

Banned
That's right. Evening son, BTW. The you click where it says D1 and the box drops down, change to D2 and then you'll see you files. Won't he? If not it means they aren't there.....

son_t

Novice Member
Yes, that's very helpful indeed, but the problem is that I've no idea what's gone wrong. As we can see you have no pulldown list to change drives... but the software has connected properly - although I get more messages than you have about the connection.

Looks like you might have a older version of eLinker. The current version is 2.1. Try the HELP menu -> ABOUT and find out if this is the case. Then go on to the Humax website and download the new version...

Hope this helps...

C

candy

son_t said:
Yes, that's very helpful indeed, but the problem is that I've no idea what's gone wrong. As we can see you have no pulldown list to change drives... but the software has connected properly - although I get more messages than you have about the connection.

Looks like you might have a older version of eLinker. The current version is 2.1. Try the HELP menu -> ABOUT and find out if this is the case. Then go on to the Humax website and download the new version...

Hope this helps...
i figured out that version is the problem, it was the older one. i downloaded the newest version and installed it but the weird thing is that after installing the new one, i still have the old one!!! :eek: ....uninstalled it and re-installed the new one, but same thing!!...i think it's something left in the registry from the older version...is it possible? cuz i tried installing the new one like thousands times.

thank for the help:thumbsup:

Edit:
Problem solved, i deleted registry file then uninstall hardware then install the new version of medial e-linker, then installed Humax driver...crazy!! but worked...thanx alot :D

son_t

Novice Member
Glad you solved the problem of installing the new version.

Now that you are up and running...

Transfer rate is at best 15Mbit/s that's roughly 1Gb per 10mins.

Rename your files with added extension .mpg to see if Media Player has the right codecs installed, ie. if it plays the files. Otherwise download VLC player and use that. Search on Google or this forum to find out where to get it and do other things with your 'transport stream' files from the Hummy...

Hey rhubarbe have you got any more answers to my queries on the Reelbox over at DS?

J

jazuli

I have the PVR-9100 and had the same issue as Candy. I have got the ver 2.1 installed and when I connect I do not get these d1 or d2 drives. My list is empty. Below status messages show as GetdriveNumber(0) Changedriver(0). But my usb connect at 1.1 not 2.0. could this be the problem (Usb) ? or my firmware. also where could I get firmware upgrades.

Gentlmen Please help.:lease:

I got my PC Changed and connected at USB2.0 but no drives shown on right pane.

son_t

Novice Member
The Humax software (eLinker) and drivers (USB2 interface) is a bit dodgy. You need to un-install the software and driver, and delete all the Humax registry entries, reboot and install again. If you downloaded the 2.1 software from the Humax website site, be aware that the 2.1 version comes as a extra bit in the package (as I've been informed) - and hence you need to install that.

J

jazuli

Got it FIXED !!!! The Issues was my STB software version. I had to upload the current version available at Humax site. Bang ! all drives are visible now. Guys another Issue, when I download the recorded files, how could I play/record etccc. I need somebody help in this PLEASE.

:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom