1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax PVR-8000T V2 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Anewbie, Jun 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Anewbie

Anewbie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi folks,

I've just returned home to find that my PVR has updated itself to version 2.00.01.

I can't see any differences. Any ideas what the update incorporates? I'm assuming it's a major update if it's gone to V2.

Tony.

2. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    It's exactly the same as the previous update 1.00.17. I believe a few users had problems during this update and they reissued it with the new number.

3. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +605
    Does anyone know when the next update is due?

I have just got mine and want to record the radio but cannot!

mij

4. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Keep an eye on this schedule or ask the nice people at Humax to supply a cable to enable update via PC. You will also need a null modem cable to connect to the Humax cable.

5. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +605
    Thanks, I am going to phone them now.

mij

6. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +605
    Well I got the lead and updated from PGTTF 1.00.11 To PGTTF 2.00.01, very simple and I can now record the radio :) although I now have a very irritating problem :thumbsdow

The problem is that with the Humax 8000T scart lead connected through my Sky Digibox pass-through connector, the Humax will take over the scart connection to the TV whenever there is an aspect ratio change on the received programme. So if I am watching a channel on satellite and recording (or just set to) a Freeview channel such as Five on the Humax 8000T, every time Five goes to a commercial break and the aspect ratio changes, I get Five on the TV instead of the satellite programme. It takes two presses of the 'Source button to get back to the programme I was watching on satellite.

This is very irritating and did not occur with Software Version: PGTTF 1.00.11 and the exact same setup regarding connections to the TV. I have emailed Humax and do hope this problem can be cured soon as it is spoiling an otherwise excellent product.