1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax PVR-8000T problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Crispin, Mar 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Crispin

Crispin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Have just bought a 80Gb Humax PVR-8000T from Dixons to replace a Pace DVTA (which worked fine - I just wanted the extra funcs).

Two problems.

1) Recordings play back in mono. This can be fixed by frigging about with the playback sound option each time a recoding is selected. I'm not impressed but can live with it.

2) However... Major bummer is dreadful reception. My old Pace DVTA worked fine - but the 8000T reports 'bad signal' randomly on various channels at various times and for various durations for no good reason I can determine. Very disappointed at this. Makes the unit unusable.

I understand that I'm not alone here as these problems have been noted by other users on various forums.

I have written to Humax on both these points and will post their responses as I receive them.

I really want to like this machine but these faults make this rather difficult.

Unless I get satisfaction this thing goes back to Dixons.

2. rizingdamp

rizingdamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With regards the sound only being in mono on recordings. All I do is press the audio button then "ok" and its back in stereo...not to much hassle. Humax are supposedly working on this and going to send an update at some point!!

Andy.

3. Crispin

Crispin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Regarding the reception problem - I spoke to the Humax helpdesk today and was advised that the signal from the Crystal Palace transmitter is too strong, and is overwhelming the sensitive Humax tuner.
    They suggested I tried an atttenuator on the aerial input.
    I did (12db) and it made absolutely no difference.
    Will now be returning the unit to Dixons for a replacement.

To be continued......