1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax PVR 8000T Problems - Should I Return?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Goober11, Sep 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Goober11

Goober11
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The problems I have experienced since the OTA download is that I cannot reserve 2 progammes on a weekly basis which are on the same time but on the next day and same channel (eg Sopranos and Six Feet under) as it seems to think there is an overlap.

My other problem is that from time to time the widescreen mode changes to 4:3 especially on channels below C5. This is only remedied by putting it in and out of standby.

I have been emailing Humax for over a week now and they have not come up with a solution. The latest response to my question to them about taking it back was:

If you take the unit back to the shop I would not recommend getting a replacement as this problem seems to be within the software. I have not been able to recreate the problem you have been having with the Weekly recordings.

This is clearly a nonsense isn't it because if it is faulty it should go back especially if they cannot offer me a solution. What do you think I should do? :confused: