1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax PVR 8000T OTA upgrade

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Livewirex, Jan 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Livewirex

Livewirex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know why my 8000T says no upgrade available when its on software version PGTTF 1.00.11 with the update date as 7 may 2004? I understand the latest version is PGTTF 1.00.14 which i have downloaded from the Humax site ok but I have not got the leads that are needed for the upgrade. Am i doing something wrong? I have only just bought it from Dixons and was looking to start with the latest software. Thanks you seem to have a usefull and helpful site and it looks like i have found a new home to visit on a regular basis. Creep, creep, grovel.
    Thanks, Livewirex.

2. AndyMiller

AndyMiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try e-mailing Humax customer support. My boss did this recently with a similar problem, and Humax have promised to send him a download cable.
    They have also said that they are not currently putting out 1.00.14 as an OTA upgrade as it "has problems". Personally, I'm running 1.00.13. This was put out OTA in Aug 2003, and seems a large improvement over 1.00.11.

3. Livewirex

Livewirex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank Andy. I have done what you suggested and e-mailed Humax. I will post on here whith any replies i get and happens regarding cables and the like.
    Livewirex (Alan)

4. Livewirex

Livewirex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cable arrived this morning. V Quick service from Humax. Upgraded to new software and all working great. Really good service from Humax.

5. james_dobbing

james_dobbing
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I to have had the same super fast response from Humax makes a pleasant change