1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax PVR 8000T in mono

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Timh, Sep 22, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    My PVR seems to be playing back recordings in mono, but strangely in stereo and surround when I watch live broadcasts from the PVR, this only seems to have happened since the last software upgrade :(
    I have checked all my settings which are correct and even formatted the drive hoping this would help.

Has anyone else had this problem???

PS. I only use optical out connected to my Amp.

2. FinnMan

FinnMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Two solutions
    1. peggle wrote on radioandtelly:
    "Start playback. Press the soundtrack button (3rd row up, 2nd button) check its displaying L & R then press OK. Unfortunatly the setting is not saved so you have to do it every time you play something back. Sound setting in preferences should be Language."

2. davej wrote on radioandtelly:
    "the advice i received from humax was that you need to do a reinstallation, making sure that the channel you're currently watching is broadcasting in stereo. if you do that, the signal type should be picked up and stored, apparently."

See more: radioandtelly/humax sw13 mono
    and other threads there about v13.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,
    FinnMan

3. peggle

peggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    @FinnMan - Thanks for the credit.

@Timh - Humax will correct this bug on the next S/W release. In the meantime use my workaround.

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Thanks for all the help :)

I received this email from Humax today regarding this fault.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

After the latest software update, there is a problem with the playback of recordings being in MONO. Currently the only solution is to playback a recordings, then press the Soundtrack button, and finally press OK to activate the Stereo sound on recordings. You will need to do this for each playback, but we do intend to resolve this issue in the next software release.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.