• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax PVR-8000T can't get Channel 5

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
I wonder if someone could offer me some assistance/guidance here please. I have an old friend who has a Humax PVR-8000T (single tuner) PVR which, to be fair, he very seldom uses.

I popped in to see him last evening and, unfortunately, disturbed his viewing of a fishing show about to start on Channel 5. He decided to record it on his PVR so turned it on and went to Ch5. The message "This channel is scrambled or unavailable" appeared on the screen, at which point I asked if he had retuned the box since 30th September - turned out he hadn't, so I set about doing so and then, when it was finished and saved, confidently went to Ch5 again but got exactly the same on-screen message as before. I tried retuning again but still with the same result - any other channel I tried to access was fine, but no Ch5 - has anyone come across this before and found an answer, it really would be much appreciated?

Cheers,

Martin.

SATM

Prominent Member
I had the same problem after retuning my PVR-9200T.
I telephoned Humax Customer Support,who advised I should activate 'Default Setting' in the Installation Menu.
I'm not sure with the PVR-8000T if you will need to enter a password.
If so,then try the default 0000.
Having reset itself to it's default setting,my 9200T automatically retuned itself,and Channel 5 reappeared.
If this procedure does not work with the 8000T,then I suggest you call Humax on:08446698800.

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Thanks for that - I'll give it a try the next time I pop in to see him.

Cheers,

Martin.

p.s. I'll let you know if it works.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom