1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax PVR 8000T-80 prob

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by jchm, Dec 15, 2004.

Tags:
  1. jchm

jchm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've had one of these PVRs for about a month. Suddenly today I can't access or make any recordings!

The recording menu option has gone from the menu list and when I turn the machine on, it no longer does the HDD check at start up. All other functions are fine.

Has the hard-disk failed already?? :confused:

Any ideas?

Cheers
    John

2. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    Probably obvious and you've already tried it, but turn off the main switch on the back of the unit to see if that cures it.

I had the same problem a couple of days ago, the recording options disappeared and the games appeared selectable from the menu, but doing the above sorted everything :smashin:

3. apepper

apepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a known problem, certainly with the 40G version and, alas, it seems with the 80G. According to Humax tech support, you turn it off for ten seconds (using the switch on the back) then turn it back on again.

-Andrew

4. stevemed2004

stevemed2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Humax 8000t pvr I picked it up cheap from a qvc shop for £75 however, I want to try and update the software on it. When I try and run the download tool OAKWDN40+ on windows xp it comes up with cant run 16 bit programs and wont install it. Is there a different download tool you can run on windows xp? I have tried the program humax tech support suggested but that does the same. Any suggestions?

5. jchm

jchm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Gizmo 76.

The on/off trick on the rear panel switch sorted it!

Cheers M8 :thumbsup:

6. steveoc

steveoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been checking the threads for a few days to see if anyone else had had the recording loss problem.
    Not only did I have to turn the machine off but also had to reboot with the ariel out to clear the memory and then reboot again as almost half the channels were distorted.

I'm still having loss of quality on the BBC channels on multiplex 1.

Anyone else found this problem and if so any solutions.

7. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    I had a problem when i first got the 8000T (was not recording from Timer - EPG) I contacted Humax HD and was told to "switch off at back whilst unit on - not standby" many of these devices are not set properly from the box, ie once they have installed channels they have software bugs of some sort, I dont know why this advice is not in the manual - but the Humax dude I spoke to (very helpful) said to do this if there was ever any problem with the device - reinitialises the software and "default" setup of the box, seems to have cured my problem and has worked perfectly since.

Great unit, taped 5 hours of the John Peel tribute night on Radio 1 last night, what a machine.

8. steveoc

steveoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advise, I'll try that later. It does seem as though the signal strength and quality of the BBC channels is improving with only BBC1 and 2 having slight picture loss.

Does anyone know when Humax will be resending the August OTA update as my machine can not record from radio yet and I'm not able to download from the web site.

9. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    stevemed2004,
    p
    WND4OAK+ uses Installshield v3 to do the installation and Xproblems have been reported with this early version, especially with SP2. I have installed WDN4OAK+ on two XP SP2 machines. The actual program (not the installer) ran fine on one PC but cannot find the serial port on the other PC - it was fine before SP2.

Make sure that you have administrator priviledges and try running with compatability set for earlier versions of Windows. Failing that unload SP2 and try again.

10. RobL

RobL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having this problem with my pvr (40GB) since the August software update. Humax recommended the hard reset as discussed, and doing it every 2 weeks as a preventative measure. Unfortunately, this also clears any scheduled recordings and is becoming extremely annoying. Originally this fault only happened once every ~2 weeks but now is much more frequent - sometimes twice in one day.

I would have hoped Humax would have fixed this as priority, but there is no sign of it being addressed (does anyone know when the next uptdate is planned?).

I'm reluctantly (it's great otherwise) thinking of returning it to the retailer as it's becoming almost unusable.

11. novaya_zemla

novaya_zemla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0