1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax PVR-8000 wont stay OFF

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by icurnow, Jan 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. icurnow

icurnow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I turn Humax OFF, go to bed, return in the morning, Humax is ON. Left amp on the other night by mistake - would apear Humax wakes up at 1.50am every morning, as amp recieved a feed at this time and was very spooky lieing in bed half asleep wondering why sound from downstairs. Thing is I know their is an auto on function - its turned off, its also been told not to look for updates, so why is this spooky machine (which is great in every other way) doing this. All suggestions other that I've got a haunted one are welcome!

Thanks Ian

2. icurnow

icurnow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "yes I have turned it off at the back once or twice - its still on every morning" - I suppose I should have said, "off and on at the back", people seem to suggest this often overcomes problems.

Auto on is Disabled... this is the thing I keep coming back to and checking but its definately disabled on screen. Thought might be glitch so have activated this and then deactivated over again. It shuts down on demand, and goes to stanby through remote or button on front, however 1.50 every morning it wakes up!

Should it go back to Humax? There must be a solution to this silly problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice, Ian

3. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Has it always done this?

It sounds as though it is firmware / memory related. That the settings for this function in the non volatile ram have not been overwritten with the current settings. You could try a firmware flash, even if it is the same version (the latest is PGTTF 1.00.14). This should return all settings to default.

4. icurnow

icurnow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ikki,

I might just wait for new firmware update - is it out in next week or two?

Ian

5. spm

spm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    this is the reply I received from Humax on Thursday regarding next update

Thank you for your email; software is still in development at this stage so I cannot provide you with the release date as we do not know. However if you have a PC at home you can join our support website www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/ by registering your own username and password, and then download the software from our website. You will need two cables to connect the PVR and PC. One, the RS232C cable I can provide you with if you send your address, you will need to buy a Null Modem cable, this can be bought at any reputable electronics store or at the following link:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=28326

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further queries.

Best regards,

6. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    The latest firmware (014) was released on 26th August.

7. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,574
    Have you previously recorded something at 01:50? Just wondering if you have accidentally set the "daily repeat" function.