Humax O/P HDMI & optical simultaneous ?

Mr.Glass

Standard Member
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Humax Freesat STB can simultaneously Output Video over HDMI and the Audio over Optical link?

I ask because My new TV does not output audio from the Digital Out when taking an input from HDMI :( and I want to be able to get good sound quality to my 5.1 amp.

Regards,
Mr. Glass

Syphonic

That is sort of the whole point of the optical out. What TV have you got? Every one I can think of outputs from the toslink continuously.

Mr.Glass

Standard Member
That is sort of the whole point of the optical out. What TV have you got? Every one I can think of outputs from the toslink continuously.

PDP-508XD (Digital o/p is disabled when i/p is via HDMI)

My Freeview PVR has no problems with simultaneous audio o/p, but PS3 will only o/p audio via HDMI or Optical not both (so I have heard, my TV won't be here till next week),
As far as i know the PS3 highest quality audio is LinearPCM and is only sent via HDMI.
PS3 is not a problem because I have HDMI i/p's on my receiver, but I wanted to send Freesat HD to a different HDMI in on the TV not via Receiver HDMI and get the audio to the receiver via toslink.
I just wanted to know if the new Humax Freesat STB's had an issues!

dan1979

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Humax Freesat STB can simultaneously Output Video over HDMI and the Audio over Optical link?

Of course it can, it would be madness if it didn't since so few people have HDMI amps. I've never seen/heard of a device that can't do that.

Mr.Glass

Standard Member
Thanks,

I assume it upscales SD to 720p 1080i ov hdmi ?
but do you think the TV might do a better job of upscaling the picture?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom