• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax newbie

mikedoig

Standard Member
I have recently bought a Humax 9200 PVR and am very happy with it but there were a couple of things I was wondering.

1) When using the instant record button to record a program which has already started the end time of recording is taken from the epg. Is it possibly to manually pad the recording so it finishes a few minutes later than the advertised end time (as I have missed the end of a couple of programs). I have set the automatic padding but that only seems to work for recording set in advance via the epg.

2) If i am recording something and decide to start watching the program from the beginning whilst it is still recording, the playback stops whenever the program stops recording. Is there a quick way to get back to the position of the recording you where at when it stopped recording?

Thanks

crammedin

I have recently bought a Humax 9200 PVR and am very happy with it but there were a couple of things I was wondering.

1) When using the instant record button to record a program which has already started the end time of recording is taken from the epg. Is it possibly to manually pad the recording so it finishes a few minutes later than the advertised end time (as I have missed the end of a couple of programs). I have set the automatic padding but that only seems to work for recording set in advance via the epg.

2) If i am recording something and decide to start watching the program from the beginning whilst it is still recording, the playback stops whenever the program stops recording. Is there a quick way to get back to the position of the recording you where at when it stopped recording?

Thanks

Hi Mike. 1) Press the record button while the recording is in progress and you can then use the left or right arrow buttons to adjust the finish time. 2) I dont think so.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom