1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax LGB-26DTT??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by phetttt, Jan 22, 2005.

1. phetttt

phetttt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Just caught the end of item on this Humax 26" screen on QVC,
    it looked impressive. Home Cinema Choice gave it 4 stars overall in their new release section and the connectivity is more than suitable for my requirements, so has anybody got one or saw one in action?

It also has a competitive price of £1050 so I would appreciate it if anyone has any info on offer-

cheers!

2. Steviemacca

Steviemacca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen one in Hughes and was quite impressed. Importantly the DVI input is HDCP enabled meaning that if the speculation is correct then it would work with the SKY HDTV service anticipated in 2006.

I thought is was only £1000 in Hughes but cannot be certain.

There are 26 and 32 inch versions of the telly coming out in May and March respectively that have hard disk recorders built in.

Steviemacca

3. xmb

xmb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hughs had it on for £899 a few weeks ago but seem to have upped the price since then!

I can't see how the price of 26" LCDs can remain so high with 32" models available for £1200.

I give it 5 months before they are down to the £500 - 600 mark (with freeview).

4. phetttt

phetttt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for the info!

5. stevej

stevej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I contacted Humax regarding the 32". The RRP is going to be a whopping £2k! :eek:

Seems really high for what seems like a budget screen.

6. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +488
    The 32" model is out in the spring. The high price might have something to do with it having a 40gb hard disk drive on board as well. Interesting development ?

7. stevej

stevej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    But a £1k increase for the larger screen. :eek: You can buy a dvd/hd recorder and a panel for that amount. It'll be interesting to see what sort of discount the suppliers will give. But I have to admit for sake of convenience it looks like an interesting product.

8. BillJohnson

BillJohnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I bought this set from Scan a few weeks ago as it was one of their weekly offers and I think that it's a brilliant set. I'm using it as a bedroom set, mounted on the wall with a tilt and swivel bracket.
    I previously had a Philips Ondigital freeview box and the picture would break up every so often, but with the Humax it has never flickered once so far and that's with a loft aerial, although I do have the Winter Hill transmitter in line of sight about ten miles away. I get 90% signal strength and 100% signal quality.
    It has an analogue tuner and two digital tuners so you can watch one freeview channel and record another and uses the 7-day EPG on Freeview. The channel switching on Freeview seems to be as quick as analogue and I have have stopped using analogue. It even has some very basic games built into it.
    I paid about £960 for it. Besides the 32" set that they are about to release their will also be a 26" incorporating a 40Gb PVR so that may have a competitive price. It's obviously going to be somewhere between £1000 and £2000.