Humax into Panny HDD/DVD

wilby

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Trawled through the manual. Put the Humax AV 1 into the TV and AV2 into the AV2 in of the Panny and get sound but no picture. Tried changing settings on both machines etc but just wondered if any of you can provide me with the solution I need. (the panny accept RGB, Video and S-Vid in but the Humax does not do RGB out fro the AV2?? What's CVRS?)

I want to be able to record on the Humax (which I can, so easy and a great picture) and then if I want be able to transfer the content onto the Panny for DVD archiving or sharing (with the olds)

Thanks in anticipation
Wilby

To record from the Humax to my Panasonic recorder I shift the scart plug connected to TV out on the Humax to the AV2 input of the Panasonic which is set to record RGB. You then view the Humax pictures through the Panasonic recorder on the TV. You also get the best recordings this way.

The Humax VCR out scart is only composite video so is not the best quality but you can connect this to the AV2 socket of the Panasonic and set the recorded input to be "video". If you cannot see the picture as well as getting sound then there must be something wrong with your scart lead.

Thnaks Royold. I'll give that a blast tonight. Don't think there's anything wrong with the scart but I'll try using a different one too.

The forum never fails to help!!

Thanks again
Wilby

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom