Humax HDR1100S...2TB advice please

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Dragongjf, Jan 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dragongjf

Dragongjf
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys. Be grateful for any thoughts/suggestions you may have on the following :
    I have an original Foxsat HDR with an external USB HDD. Graham kindly helped me back in the days with the reformatting of the Ext USB HDD. I have enjoyed many years of use but now that the on demand facility has been dropped on this box and because I need the benefit of a much bigger HDD (the latest boxes no longer support Ext USB HDD recording and archiving) I have decided to bite the bullet on the latest HDR 1100S 2TB. I contacted Humax who advised only a white box available which (I know it sounds floosy) would look awful in my AV unit. I discovered leconcepts (Leading Edge Concepts) in Gatehead who retail Humax and who are offering a Black 2TB box. I called them and they advised Humax are well aware of them and they have acted as Humax retail outlet for many years. They advised they upgrade the black 1TB HD to a 2TB drive and offer a 2 year "return to base" warranty. I can see on Trust Pilot positive comments from purchasers of these 2TB boxes. Has anyone any experience of this retailer or thoughts generally please. Would much prefer to get a black box from Humax but they advise only available in White.

2. kevkbuk

kevkbuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,169
    Keep the HDR and get something cheap/replaceable better suited to streaming :D

3. Dragongjf

Dragongjf
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Already stream through dedicated Server to Smart TV:rotfl:

4. kevkbuk

kevkbuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,169
    So why worry about the lack of support for ondemand services?

5. Dragongjf

Dragongjf
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi kevkbuk. Sorry I can now see where you are coming from. My OP should have emphasised that my principal concern was a need to have a much bigger HDD and the fact that services, such as on demand, which are no longer (stopped recently) available is another "minor" failing of the old box, and, as far as I am concerned, adds to reason for moving on (HDR 1100S). Wife found it easy to operate on demand via old foxsat, after circa 8 years (as compared to a new smart tv :clap:). Thanks for input.