• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax HDR T2 problems

kwallace

Standard Member
Hi there,
I have just upgraded my old Humax to the new freeview HD Fox T2 and have a few wee problems. They are as follows.
When I try to search for a keyword in the EPG the unit freezes and I have to switch off at the mains and reboot. Very annoying. Essentialy, I cant set the thing to record anything that isn't on that days EPG.
Next, can you change the brightness of the display on the front of the machine. cant see the clock in standby. Have it on normal power saving mode but still very faint.
Volume! My old Humax had no seperate volume control for the machine so even on PVR mode the remote worked the volume on the tv. Now everytime I want to adjust the tv volume I have to press "tv" to do it. If I forget to switch back to "pvr" I change channels etc on the tv by mistake. Can I set it up to always adjust TV volume regardless of which mode it is in.
Next, My old humax via scart would switch the TV over to av2 when I powered it up. The new one does'nt do this on hdmi. It is as if the tv ( Sony w5500 37") doesn't recognise the Humax.
Lastly (sorry, it's a big list!) What resolution mode should I keep the Humax in. When I move it to 1080 there seems to be a black border at the side of the screen. Normal channels say 576 res and obviously BBC HD etc say 1080. Does the machine upscale automatically or do I need to adjust something. Should I leave it on 576 (or is it 572).
Apologies for all the questions but the manual is a bit spartan and would seem to assume that you know lots about resolution etc. Which I clearly dont!
Thanks in advance
Kev

kwallace

Standard Member
Thanks for that. Which one is it? there seems to be loads of different ones. Do you know what problems they fix?
Cheers
Kev.

Oh, just a quick one. HD channels seem to have lower volume than standard ones. Is this normal?

Gavtech

Administrator
Kwallace

Please note that posting the same query in more than one thread [ known as cross-posting] is against forum rules - Thanks.

Your other post has been deleted.

kwallace

Standard Member
oh,
can I ask, is this the correct download for a hdr fox T2. I think this may be for the hd receiver and not the recorder version I have. Dont want to knacker it with the wrong download.

cheers
Kev

brookheather

Distinguished Member

Gavtech

Administrator
Kevin. you are giving me a hard day. :)

Thread moved.

kwallace

Standard Member
Oops! sorry guys. Bit of a technophobe I'm afraid.
Downloaded the fix and hey presto. It works! search function etc all sorted.
Thank you gentlemen.

cheers
Kev

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom