• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax HDR - Rogue USB files in Media List

kar999

Established Member
I upgraded my Humax HDR hard drive some time ago (before the firmware update) and copied the files from the old drive across via Slax onto my new 1TB drive. My original drive is now in a USB caddy with it's original files still on there. I've since deleted the files I've watched off the new drive but some still remain on the old caddy drive.

If I connect this caddy I can see and play the old files OK. When I disconnect it and view the media list for the player HDD I can still see the old USB files in the Media list under the HDD section. If I come to play them it obviouisly wont do so. The only way to remove them from the player HDD media list is to delete these "phantom" files.

I've tried a factory reset but these phantom files still keep reappearing everytime I switch the USB drive back on making the player HDD media list a bit of a nonsense.

EDIT: I am running the latest firmware.

Any ideas please?

Last edited:

kar999

Established Member
Thanks... :smashin:

I only spotted it because I had deleted stuff off the internal HDR and wanted to tidy up the archived stuff on the old HDR caddy.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom