Humax HDR no sound

Peter holloway

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a foxsat HDR ,which has no sound it is connected via hdmi cable to tv,I have changed cable and port on tv,I have tested tv on its own, and I can get sound via headphones

Have you turned the Humax volume up to max? (an on-screen bar shows level).

More details on TV brand/model number might help someone with diagnosis?

When you say you've tested TV on its own (internal tuner source?) do you only get sound via headphone outlet of TV??

If yes, have you tried listening via headphones to the Humax hdmi input connection?

Did it ever work?

Yes volume moves up and down,tv is Toshiba smart it has internet and has it's own tv channels ,the head phones are connected to Humax box audio connection

Sorry forgot to mention that the has worked until yesterday although it's has stopped before and if I change channels that brought the sound back.
Thanks Peter

Sorry forgot to mention that the has worked until yesterday although it's has stopped before and if I change channels that brought the sound back.
Thanks Peter
You should have mentioned that before - on some HD broadcasts the sound is encoded with the picture and the end device (normally an amp or TV) should decode it.

Look at the Foxsat sound settings there is a setting that turns off multi-channel output (can't remember what it was) but that will solve your problem.

TBH I'm not sure that will fix it... I have Dolby set ON in my -HDR and have no issues with sound on any of the 3 TVs I've connected to it whether SD, HD 5.1 or 2.0.

As I understand it, during hdmi handshake the two devices are supposed to 'agree' on what format to send the audio and pictures.

However I have and occasionally still do have 'oddities' during handshake (or lack of handshake) with the Foxsat-HDR. The latest one is if I turn on to watch the pvr when it is recording (or in the 15 min before recording), when I don't get sound but I do get the picture. I need to switch the my GT60 to another source and back to cure it.

This is one of a number of 'foibles' we have due to the less-than-perfect hdmi implementation by Humax. If this is the problem you have then this is the simplest way to fix it.

{With my previous TV there was no picture or sound in the same circumstance, but the fix was the same.}

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom