Humax HDR - No HDMI ouput to TV?

Johnyb

Unit has been working fine, and this morning upon turning it on (goes through the usual boot process) nothing is shown on the TV. THe display on the front of the box works fine, and you can see changing channels is working from this... but no video output.

So tried using another HDMI cable, and routing it to a different HDMI input on the TV - but nothing.

Any ideas?

logiciel

Are the other outputs working?

REPASSAC

Are you sure that the TV is displaying the Foxsat HDMI port and not another.
Try changing VFORMAT on the foxsat remote - that might get the TV's attention.

logiciel

Do these machines only have HDMI and Scart outputs?:confused:

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Do these machines only have HDMI and Scart outputs?:confused:
They have three rca phono outputs Composite Video (yellow), and stereo audio (Red/White) but as these are merely a replica of the same output from the TV scart, not sure how that's relevant (a simple scart adaptor will provide the same). If the TV lacks any sort of analogue input (very doubtfull, any HD TV I have ever seen has at least one analogue input (might need additional non standard cables a la Samsung).

logiciel

Thanks - it was just to see if he could get it working temporarily on something other than HDMI.

Johnyb

Ok so managed to find an RCA cable and connected up to tv. This output works fine, so factory reset the humax with a hope this may reinstate hdmi.... But to no avail.

I've tried different hdmi cables and hdmi input ports on tv - and yes I'm sure I'm selecting the correct tv input every time. Looks like I may be out of luck

Railway

Ok so managed to find an RCA cable and connected up to tv. This output works fine, so factory reset the humax with a hope this may reinstate hdmi.... But to no avail.

I've tried different hdmi cables and hdmi input ports on tv - and yes I'm sure I'm selecting the correct tv input every time. Looks like I may be out of luck
Have you tried another device into the HDMI inputs on the TV?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom