Humax hdr Issue copying video from USB stick

Tolly16

Novice Member
Hi i have a 2GB usb stick witch i formatted to fat32, put 1GB of video on but the green button on the humax will not high light so i can copy, I have used the same stick to put loads of photos on with no problems, can any one help please.

duffbeerdrinker

Distinguished Member
Not sure if this will help you but I remember getting stuck at the same point when I first tried to copy some files.

After you have opened the file manager, on the right hand side menu you should have the USB drive.
You need to highlight the root of the USB drive and press OK. At this point you should be able to see the contents of the USB drive and the copy button will go green when you have selected the file you want to copy from the HD.

Tolly16

Novice Member
Just had a go as to your suggestion and have noticed that usb say's 47% ( see attachment 001) but when you click over to it appears to be empty (see 002 ) So i'm at a loss to what has happened as the usb plays fine on my PC, as you can see I'm useless on the pc so any suggestions are gratefully received

Attachments

• 001 (640x480).jpg
    001 (640x480).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 002 (640x480).jpg
    002 (640x480).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 155

duffbeerdrinker

Distinguished Member
On your second photo you need to go down to where it says rio and press OK to show the contents of the drive.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
You have a folder called rio with no video contents in it that the hdr can recognise. With the Drive icon with two dots (this indicates you go up one level if you click on it, in this case back to the drive icon.)

Copying any file in this case goes to the root folder, if you click on Rio to open it then copies will go into that folder

What files appear in rio if the folder is opened on a PC ?

To appear as a recording in File Manager, three files with the same name with extensions, .hmt, .nts and .ts are required

Last edited:

Tolly16

Novice Member
Hi graham sorry to say I have no idea what you mean but from what I gather the file is 2010-10-25 14,35,07 Rio.avi

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Hi graham sorry to say I have no idea what you mean but from what I gather the file is 2010-10-25 14,35,07 Rio.avi

To recognise a valid recording file the hdr requires three files all with the same name but having three different extensions.

eg BBCnews.ts, BBCnews.nts and BBCnews.hmt.

Using the hdr all you see is BBCNews

As an example download these 3 files and copy them all to your pendrive. They should appear in media list if you press red and change to the usb drive and should playback like any other recording

BBC HD Preview_20090418_1415.hmt - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

BBC HD Preview_20090418_1415.nts - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

BBC HD Preview_20090418_1415.ts - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Where did you get an avi file from ?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Downloaded from my sony handycam DCR-HC19E

The footage is DV compressed in a .avi container. To view on the hdr it needs to be converted to a mpeg2 compressed transport stream file and the two support files required building with a programme called AV2HDR.

There's lots of ways to do this basically you need software that you would use to create a DVD from the footage.

Tommorow I will find some SD footage from my DV camcorder and upload an example.

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Camcorder footage loaded in a video editor. In this case mpeg4 HD 1440 x 1080, A DV camcorder will be DV 720 x 576 (.avi).

The footage exported as mpeg2 720 x 576 (.mpg)

The resulting file processed by AV2HDR to build the 3 files required for a Foxsat-hdr to play back.

DisneyTest_20101121_1201.hmt - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

DisneyTest_20101121_1201.nts - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

DisneyTest_20101121_1201.ts - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Copy the three files to a usb stick

Stick in the front usb slot on the hdr

Press Media/red change the device to USB, open the pen drive and playback as normal

Tolly16

Novice Member
Hi Graham, Thanks for the file links but is the 3rd one right as it seems a bit big for usb stick it is 89,594 KB the other to are about 5 KB and 80 KB, And thanks again

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Hi Graham, Thanks for the file links but is the 3rd one right as it seems a bit big for usb stick it is 89,594 KB the other to are about 5 KB and 80 KB, And thanks again

It's correct, this one has the actual video information in. It's an illustration of just how much more efficent mpeg4 is over mpeg2. The same file with HD 1080i h264(mpeg4) is about twice as big despite having around 3 times as much video data.

The DV compression used by your camcorder uses around 4GB for just 20 mins of video.

Of you want to see the HD version I can upload that as well if you wish.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom