Humax hdr freesat how can I get Iplayer

KERNOWPETE

Standard Member
Reaction score
Have Netgear router/internet adapter connected to Freesat box - all good but TV says not connected? Help

In the network settings of the Foxsat-HDR have you got an ip adress ?

What do you mean by netgear router/internet adaptor ?

I have a Netgear router for my network and also have a Netgear WiFi internet adapter connected to the Freesat box

Yes I have looked at the Ip address settings page but do not seem to be able to make any changes

I have a Netgear router for my network and also have a Netgear WiFi internet adapter connected to the Freesat box

You can't just connect a wifi adaptor to the box it doesn't have the drivers you can install on a PC.

You either need

A direct cat5 cable from the box to the router.

A wireless bridge like this one

NETGEAR WNCE2001 Ethernet to Wireless Adapter - Bridge - 802.11b/g/n - desktop: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Or a pair of homeplug adaptors.

eg

7dayshop.com - Online Store

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for the input, I thought I had right equip, I have a Netgear Universal WiFi Internet Adapter (WNCE2001)
is the bridge version different?

Thanks for the input, I thought I had right equip, I have a Netgear Universal WiFi Internet Adapter (WNCE2001)
is the bridge version different?

That should work, I assumed you were using a wifi usb dongle for a PC.

You need to set up the adaptor with your network wireless log on details as per the manual. It's not plug and play, if it was anyone close enough could access your network.

ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WNCE2001/Documentation/UM/WNCE2001_UM_24Sep10.pdf

Sorry have not replied to your message, been away, what you said was the answer to the problem, it is working a treat. New question, how can I archive recorded progs from the freesat box?

Sorry have not replied to your message, been away, what you said was the answer to the problem, it is working a treat. New question, how can I archive recorded progs from the freesat box?

Connect a usb drive to either of the usb ports and use file manager to copy them (EXT3 drive required for files larger than 4GB).

Or install the non standard firmware which allows you to ftp recordings directly to your PC.

Connect a usb drive to either of the usb ports and use file manager to copy them (EXT3 drive required for files larger than 4GB).

Or install the non standard firmware which allows you to ftp recordings directly to your PC.
And also it cannot be NTFS formatted, either Fat or EXT2/3

In that case they must have fixed the problem in a later firmware release. It never used to work.

Found this from 2009

MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - Toshiba 1Tb External hard drive £69.98 delivered

Caused a lot of problems on launch and Humax finally admitted only EXT3 worked. None of the firmware upgrades have ever mentioned it ever being fixed.

The Freeview-HD boxes work OK with EXT2 though.
Hmm the wily old fox Leopard , I may just be lucky with my Iomega then, mind you it is formatted with 3 Partitionns on it 1 NTFS 1 Ext2 and 1 NTFS perhaps that has confused the Hummy:rolleyes: I Think I may reformat it with ext3 though just in case you never can tell.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom