Humax HDR Fox-T2 randomly not letting me delete files

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Kermit Power, Feb 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Kermit Power

Kermit Power
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening all,

I have an odd problem with my Humax, and was wondering if anyone has anything similar? I've tried a search, but it throws up so many incorrect results that it didn't help much!

For some reason, seemingly completely at random, my Humax is not letting me delete some recordings. Pretty much all of the options are greyed (including those to lock files and so on). The only available option is sorting.

It's not a huge problem while there aren't too many of them, but obviously over time it's building up a chunk of space I can't re-use, and extending the list of folders each time it does it on a new programme.

Any ideas, anyone? Can I in any way attach a laptop to the box to delete them through Windows Explorer or some such?

2. quarryhunslet

quarryhunslet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Can you still play these recordings? if so, try playing one, then press stop. You should now be able to delete it.

3. Kermit Power

Kermit Power
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well that was nice, quick and simple, thanks! :thumbsup: Worked perfectly.

I wonder what causes this?

4. quarryhunslet

quarryhunslet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Do you normally press stop when you finish playing a recording, or wait until it stops at the end? If you do not do this, and simply start playing another recording, you will not be able to delete the previous one, as the Humax thinks that it is still playing, and will not let you delete a playing recording.

5. Kermit Power

Kermit Power
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aha! That probably explains why it's usually the kids' recordings which exhibit this problem! :laugh:

6. clemenzina

clemenzina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I had that problem for the first time about a week ago with MotD2. Come to think of it, I might have let it run to the end rather than used the Stop button like I normally do :confused: Anyway, I was able to delete it a day or two later after the machine had been in standby.

I shan't forget your instant cure, QH :)